Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New member here and proud new owner of a Remington 870 for HD.

I applied for my GFL and a week and half later it arrived in the mail. I was surprised it showed up so fast, I figured it would take at least a month.

I'm leaning towards a G19 and MTAC holster for concealed carry, but i'm open to suggestions.

This is an amazing website full of great information.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
welcome, are you saying a week and a half in fulton co.?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
1.5 weeks is surprising. I think Gwinnett is hit or miss. Mine took 5 weeks in Bulloch. Is the 870 the only gun you own right now? I carry a G23 concealed or open. I have a paddle for open and an Infidel for conceal. Both Comp-tac. It's a great brand.

Welcome, by the way. Look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the 870 is currently my only gun, but soon I'll have a pistol for carrying. Then probably more to follow as I can already tell this is quite addictive.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
jja2.8 said:
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the 870 is currently my only gun, but soon I'll have a pistol for carrying. Then probably more to follow as I can already tell this is quite addictive.
Sure is. I started out with my first pistol in April. I'm up to a handful more than that now. 8)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome. I just joined this site myself.

I bought a Glock 19 about a month ago and I have put about 400 rnds through it. I am very happy with it and so far it has been very reliable. I suggest renting one at a range before you purchase to make sure you like it.

I just bought a MTAC for it this week. It is very comfortable but I need more time to give you a full report. I just applied for my GFL so I have only been wearing it around the house.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
I wear a G19 in the MTAC. Great choices. Also switch back and forth with a G30 in a CTAC. I prefer the MTAC.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
:welcome: G19 is a great choice. There are deals on them all over the metro area. I would recommend Southeastern Firearms or Ed's Pawn. Be careful reading this board. You started with one gun, but might end up with a dozen before the end of the year. I have bought five guns since I joined. Don't forget GCO. :righton:

·
Romans 10:13
4,649 Posts
:welcome: G19 great choice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info. Malum Prohibitum. Speaking of parks, I ride bikes (road/mountain) and occasionally ride the Silver Comet Trail. There have been a few cases there that most of you have probably heard of, the rape and murder of a local lady and mugging/beatings. Which makes me want to carry when I ride there (not sure how comfortable that would be).

The trail runs through many counties. I'm pretty sure this is a no carry zone.

Any thoughts on carrying while riding a bike in general and at Silver Comet specifically?

·
69,743 Posts
jja2.8 said:
I ride bikes (road/mountain) and occasionally ride the Silver Comet Trail. There have been a few cases there that most of you have probably heard of, the rape and murder of a local lady and mugging/beatings. Which makes me want to carry when I ride there (not sure how comfortable that would be).

The trail runs through many counties. I'm pretty sure this is a no carry zone.

Any thoughts on carrying while riding a bike in general and at Silver Comet specifically?
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=854

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
:welcome: I previously carried a glock 23. Now I have a new toy so... I might have to switch it up and do testing. But glocks in general are a good choice in my opinon. A glock 19 is a good first gun. Reasonably priced and preforms very well. Can't beat it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts