New guy from Atlanta/Norcross here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by jja2.8, Oct 14, 2007.

1. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Hey everyone! New member here and proud new owner of a Remington 870 for HD.

I applied for my GFL and a week and half later it arrived in the mail. I was surprised it showed up so fast, I figured it would take at least a month.

I'm leaning towards a G19 and MTAC holster for concealed carry, but i'm open to suggestions.

This is an amazing website full of great information.

2. tony218

tony218 New Member

welcome, are you saying a week and a half in fulton co.?

3. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Gwinnett County.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

1.5 weeks is surprising. I think Gwinnett is hit or miss. Mine took 5 weeks in Bulloch. Is the 870 the only gun you own right now? I carry a G23 concealed or open. I have a paddle for open and an Infidel for conceal. Both Comp-tac. It's a great brand.

Welcome, by the way. Look forward to your posts.

5. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the 870 is currently my only gun, but soon I'll have a pistol for carrying. Then probably more to follow as I can already tell this is quite addictive.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sure is. I started out with my first pistol in April. I'm up to a handful more than that now. 8)

7. TAP

TAP New Member

Welcome. I just joined this site myself.

I bought a Glock 19 about a month ago and I have put about 400 rnds through it. I am very happy with it and so far it has been very reliable. I suggest renting one at a range before you purchase to make sure you like it.

I just bought a MTAC for it this week. It is very comfortable but I need more time to give you a full report. I just applied for my GFL so I have only been wearing it around the house.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Gwinnett seems to be improving. Since you live in Gwinnett, have you seen this thread of posts?

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I wear a G19 in the MTAC. Great choices. Also switch back and forth with a G30 in a CTAC. I prefer the MTAC.

10. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

:welcome: G19 is a great choice. There are deals on them all over the metro area. I would recommend Southeastern Firearms or Ed's Pawn. Be careful reading this board. You started with one gun, but might end up with a dozen before the end of the year. I have bought five guns since I joined. Don't forget GCO. :righton:

11. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Thanks for the info. Malum Prohibitum. Speaking of parks, I ride bikes (road/mountain) and occasionally ride the Silver Comet Trail. There have been a few cases there that most of you have probably heard of, the rape and murder of a local lady and mugging/beatings. Which makes me want to carry when I ride there (not sure how comfortable that would be).

The trail runs through many counties. I'm pretty sure this is a no carry zone.

Any thoughts on carrying while riding a bike in general and at Silver Comet specifically?

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=854

13. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

:welcome: I previously carried a glock 23. Now I have a new toy so... I might have to switch it up and do testing. But glocks in general are a good choice in my opinon. A glock 19 is a good first gun. Reasonably priced and preforms very well. Can't beat it.