New Guns @ SHOT Show 2011

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BourneEBR, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

Hey guys, just got back from SHOT show yesterday, saw some pretty cool stuff there. I figured I would give my first impressions:

Ruger LC9- really comfortable, it's as if a LCP and a SR9c had a baby. The grip is nice and slim and properly checkered. The sights are a HUGE upgrade from the LCP, a much better sight picture. The only issue I had with the gun is the safety. It was a little too sharp, I hope they round it off or smooth it out somehow. I can definitely see this gun being another big seller for Ruger

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle- The only rifle to have if you were have only one. The rifle was incredibly light. It really seemed a well rounded, "do-all" rig. The fit and finished was amazing. The bolt action was really smooth. This one will be on a lot of wish lists, including mine.

Kel-Tec KSG- Boy, Kel-Tecs booth was CROWDED, everyone wanted check out the new shotgun. Ergonomics were excellent. I can see law enforcement issuing these out, because since the bullpup design, the overall length is cut down. After fondling the gun for awhile, the one thing I did notice is the switch for the tubes might get annoying to hit to shoot all the rounds. It would be awesome if KelTec made it so you didn't have to switch. The MSRP I believe is about 800. Just by holding it, I can tell this is going to make a lot of money for this company.

I tried cramming the entire SHOT show into one day, seeing that I couldn't go any other days, I found myself spending a ton of time at Kifaru and SnugPak. ESEE had their Izula folder out, thought about stealing it. Got to hold some Strider knives, what a tank of a knife.

Overall, SHOT show was fun, but freakin' exhausting, but I am sick of Vegas, and the wife and I can't wait to be home in GA again.

2. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

How thick was the LC9? It's 2 ounces lighter than a G26 but the G26 holds 3 more rounds. The LC9 is also only .3 inches shorter than the 26.

3. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Meh.... Uh, no. Not in 308 anyway, and I have nothing against 308....

4. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

It wasn't too thick...it felt a hair thinner than a Kahr CW9, maybe the same thickness as some of Kel-Tecs offerings

5. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

So, no Glock long gun based on the AR platform?

6. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

Not that I know of, I will be going back tomorrow to comb through everything again...got some Glock pens though!

7. mtber1172

mtber1172 Member

I watched nutnfancy's Kel Tec booth review. That KSG looks pretty sweet.