New gun shop in Acworth

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by grayelky, Mar 29, 2007.

1. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Hi all-

I ran across a relatively new gun shop in Acworth called Northstar Lock Safe and Guns. The store has been opened only a short time, and is still being stocked. The owner is John Kimball, a locksmith by trade and a gun person by choice. I do not have the address, but the shop is located across from the old Day's Chevrolet location on Main Street. He closes around 5:00 or 6:00. I do have a phone number, 770-517-1339. His locksmith web site is up and running: www.georgialock.com. The gun shop site is still under construction, but is almost ready. Once completed, he will list inventory so you can see what is available. He is a nice guy, and worth the time to stop and say Hi. You may find a new favorite dealer.

2. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Thanks for the referral. I just spoke with John about a car key I need cut and programmed. Then we started talking about guns and that I found out about him through this site. He seemed thrilled to find out about it. He also said within a couple of years, he wants to change locations and open a range as well!

Really nice guy!!

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I stopped in today and met John. I made sure to pimp out the web sites 8)

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

He got hammered then, I was in around 4 p.m. today and told him I found it from GPO.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I was there about 6:30 :lol:

6. Southern Holsters

Southern Holsters New Member

I finally got around to stopping in today and had a great talk with John. We are working on getting my holsters in stock (for you touchy, feely kinda guys/gals 8)). He will have a couple the first part of next week as a start, mainly as display items to garner more interest.

7. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Lets see, the site is Georgialock, the gun portion should be called georgiaglock... :D

He's 2 min from my house, so I'll have to swing by this weekend with muh crazy 4 year old...Need some keys made anywho....

Thanks for the heads up...

BTW, does he stock any $85,000 shotguns??

8. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I dont think he has $85,000 worth of inventory total.

9. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

For those of us not familiar with Acworth, can you post an address so we can google-map it?

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

4500 S Main St
    Acworth, GA 30102

11. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Ohh great , now a bunch of crazy psycho gun packers are going to hoard upon Acworth and the city is going to fall into violent homicidal outbreaks of gun violence...

Ohhh shoot, that was Sarah Brady talking.....

Hush up Sarah **** :cantsay:

:rotfl:

12. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Thanks for the address!

Turns out, it is only about 12 miles from my house. 8)

Is his gunshop open for business yet?

13. grayelky

grayelky New Member

He is open and gaining new inventory rapidly.

He has had good deals, I just could not afford this one: Just last Monday he sold a used Springfield 45 (1911) w/ some extra mags for less than $450!

14. Claire

Claire New Member

Glad I found this
    its not far from my house
    I'll be sure to stop by & visit there soon

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That is a really good idea! :D How about belts?

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

His belts are great !!