New gun control laws passed in NYC

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gunstar1, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

38 ... 9565c.html
    1 handgun a month is way too many. So lets go with 1 every 3 months or 4 a year. :roll:

Also in a statement by Duracoat about a month ago, they have 2 people in their records history that purchased a color kit that lives in NYC. The statement went on to say that if a criminal wanted to make their gun look like a toy, the $4 a can spray paint that walmart or autozone sells is much easier to get than the $50 kit they sell.
  2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I can't even begin to articulate how much the actions of NYC disturbs me.

They are attacking an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that is part of the Bill of Rights. They are allowed to do so without sanction or consquence of any kind. Not being statified with the injustice perpetrated on their own citizens, NYC seeks to spread their authoritarian philosophy to the rest of the country over which they have no legitimate jurisdication.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

geaux_tigers, you are mistaken. I know you think that the Second Amendment has something to do with the people there, but the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled, repeatedly, that the Second Amendment guarantees no rights that NYC has violated. Since the Supreme Court has so far refused to hear any appeals from the Second Ciruit on this issue, the law there is that the Second Amendment basically does not exist as an individual right to which someone can point and say, the NYC law violates this Amendment.
  4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

The Second Circuit Court of Appeals may not agree with my view of what is happening, but I do not think that fact means I am mistaken.
  5. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

From the 2nd Circuit Opinion:

We are mindful of an authority in Marietta, Georgia, writing under the nom de plume "geaux_tigers," who believes the Second Amendment guarantees a right to individuals. He is mistaken." [emphasis in the original]

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Yay, activist judges!

I guess they confused this
    Government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
    with this
    Government of the lawyers, by the judges, and for the people

Yes, I am in law school; doesn't mean I have to like the crap that's being paraded around as "constitutional" law these days.