Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys recall, Mike at SGM grips graciously awarded me a set of custom grips for my 1911. I was pretty excited as Mike and I went through the process of selecting wood and having him apply the image I have always wanted to see sporting a pair of grips on one of my 1911s. Imagine my surprised when I got not one, but TWO sets of grips in the mail!!

I would have posted these earlier but had a health issue I was dealing with, and I still want to post pics with both sets, they have subtle differences in the grain of the burl, but both look fantastic!

What do you think of these?

Sorry for the differences in exposure, but the first set of the opposite side didn't turn out, must be the painkillers. :lol:

Thanks again Mike and SGM Grips!

I'll post more later with my tripod and better lighting.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
Wow, those rock! They look gorgeous.

·
Administrator
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't get my avatar on my GCO Convention lanyard, so now you will know me by my grips. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
347 Posts
:shock: dang that Sharpie looks like it could send anyone to the darkside!

I like the grips too, pretty sweet looking!!!

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Archangel, those look really good. :mrgreen:

I hope you are healing up ok.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Very, very nice Archangel.
:righton:

·
Fattus Patrickus
2,369 Posts
Sweet! Those look killer Archangel!

Hope you're feeling better, I didn't know you were under the weather.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
moderately neato! :mrgreen:

·
Proprietor LoneOakTerrace
4,705 Posts
Congratulations to the SGM Guys for making such a cool set of grips for my bud Arch. It is so neat and cool to have personalized, individuled, one of a kind, by your design, stuff on your pistol. I'll show you mine in a little while somewhere else!

Arch you didn't hurt yourself swinging that maul did you? You was supossed to have let the boys use that!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Very nice, hope they're making you feel better, too

·
Administrator
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LoneOak said:
Congratulations to the SGM Guys for making such a cool set of grips for my bud Arch. It is so neat and cool to have personalized, individuled, one of a kind, by your design, stuff on your pistol. I'll show you mine in a little while somewhere else!

Arch you didn't hurt yourself swinging that maul did you? You was supossed to have let the boys use that!
They are really kewl grips. I want to get some better pictures up.

I don't know if swinging the maul contributed or not, we were moving some pretty big pieces of log into position to be split. Around 32-36" in diameter that took me 3 cuts to make smaller. I did have to give special instructions and many demos on swing before the oldest got it down. It was "the sneeze" that took me out though.

I was sick all day today, I ended up with an unrelated to surgery infection, so was back at the Wellstar Medical Building in Douglasville to see the nurse practitioner. Ended up with a steroid shot in my butt (a first for me believe it or not) and 2 new prescriptions. Got to go see an ENT next Wednesday, earliest I could get in, then a followup with my surgeon on the same day.

Curious for the rest of the broken down folks out there.... When did you really start to see your health and vitality change? Genuinely curious. I turn 45 in September and starting at 40 things started to head downhill, this last 6 months has been an absolute peach (no insult intended for peaches).

It sucks to confront your own mortality.

But enough whining... I'm gonna make it through this, then this is the year to get my :censored: together. I plan on losing weight, getting back in some sort of shape other than the Pillsbury Doughboy figure I now have, and getting my health issues under control. That's gonna mean a LOT of doctor visits. But I will deal.

When Stoddard's opens that range, I am gonna need some range time to de-stress, and that 45 will be there with me.

Peace.

·
Proprietor LoneOakTerrace
4,705 Posts
Arch, the first back surgery for me was at 47, another just 10 months later at 48 and I still feel it everyday. Hopefully it won't come down to that for you.

I kind of hate to say it here in public, but you don't smoke so that helps, but dude you got to loose some of that, you know what, I am sure that is a high priority on your mind right now. It is awful hard to do -- Good Luck, See Ya Soon!

·
Administrator
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LoneOak said:
dude you got to loose some of that, you know what
Damned straight. That's on my list.

I don't know if I ever told any of y'all this, but the male in my entire family who lived the longest, died at 54. That was my Father.

I'm aiming to beat that record.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Archangel said:
It sucks to confront your own mortality.
Youth is wasted on the young.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts