Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new G19 OD Saturday from Ed's Public Safety.

This is my 5th G19, but my first in OD. This is also the second purchase I have made from Ed's. Both times I have dealt with a very polite, well informed, and EXTREMELY COURTEOUS young lady named Emily.

I would recommend anybody visiting to try and deal with her. She is a real pleasure to work with.

I know it looks just like all the others, but for some reason, it seems to look a little better than the others I have seen. Maybe it is because this one is in my house, and not another persons house???

Emily also found me a real nice Glock Hoodie while I was there!!

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
That OD G19 looks really good. Nice choice. I want to get one too when I can find one close to Savannah.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Sweet! :righton: Congrats on getting a nice new Glock. Ed's is definitely a good place to deal with. Bought my 30SF there a while back with TFO night sights for a great price, took care of me well too.

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
While I've never dealt with Emily, I can say that all the folk at Ed's are good to deal with. I've never felt like I was poorly treated there and have almost always had an enjoyable time there. ( I browse a lot and they don't mind. ;) )

A great bunch who I frequently recommend.

:righton:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I want a glock hoodie

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you can , how much you paid for your glock ?

They get a discount for a regular buyers or
only for LEO's?

·
Registered
949 Posts
the279 said:

only for LEO's?
As far as I know the discount applies to law enforcement, military, firefighters, EMT's, and I believe commercial airline pilots who have the certification to carry a gun in the cockpit. Buying directly from Ed's you would pay right around $400 for Glock's in 9mm or .40 w fixed sights I believe.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
175FO said:
the279 said:

only for LEO's?
As far as I know the discount applies to law enforcement, military, firefighters, EMT's, and I believe commercial airline pilots who have the certification to carry a gun in the cockpit. Buying directly from Ed's you would pay right around $400 for Glock's in 9mm or .40 w fixed sights I believe.
I believe if you are a member of GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) you can purchase one Glock per year at LEO discount pricing. Only certain models qualify I think and I think it's about $40 to join GSSF.

Check w/ the fine folks at Ed's to be sure, they will point you in the right direction. :righton:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Glock's 2010 LE Individual Officer Program offers discounts to the following categories of individuals on the purchase of up to two Glock handguns per year:

- sworn LE officers or Federal agents with credentials
- retired LE officers or Federal agents with credentials
- Corrections officers with credentials
- Parole or Probation Officers with credentials
- State licensed security officers with credentials
- active military with credentials
- National Guard with credentials
- Military Reserve with credentials
- Retired military veterans with retired military credentials
- licensed paramedics or EMTs with credentials
- Firefighters, including volunteer firefighters with credentials
- TSA employees with credentials
- Commercial Pilot License holders with credentials
- Federal Flight Deck Officers with credentials
- Court Judges with credentials
- District Attorneys with credentials
- Deputy District Attorneys with credentials
- LE Academy cadets with proof of enrollment at a LE Academy
- College students with proof of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program

This information is direct from Glock.

Check with Ed's directly to see if they honor giving the LE discounts to all of these categories as a Glock distributor under the 2010 IOP. I would think that they would, but if you fit into one of these categories, you will need to check.

The GSSF program is a separate pay-to-join offering, but as stated in a previous post it allows for one purchase a year at the IOP price.

Certified Glock armorers also qualify for the LE IOP price according to the stipulations specified under the Glock certified armorer program.

Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts