·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts
Whoa, that's pretty good.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Docindahouze said:
pretty cool, be sure to put the hammer down and safety on.
I don't have a 1911 in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the hammer has to be cocked to engage the safety.

Cool logo :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
dcannon1 said:
Docindahouze said:
I don't have a 1911 in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the hammer has to be cocked to engage the safety.

the safety on that one isnt engaged. its just a stock picture of a kimber gold match from kimber website.

i like the logo, anything is better than that damned glock with the plus 2 baseplate. its like a nutnfancy wet dream.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
dcannon1 said:
Docindahouze said:

Correct.

In the 1911 jargon, hammer down means it is resting against the slide and the safety could not be engaged. The opposite would be hammer cocked and safety engaged.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Priest said:
you ain't packing if it isn't in Cond 1!
I pack it in condition 2. :lol:

:runaway:

·
Registered
757 Posts
mygunstoo said:
Docindahouze said:
Correct.

In the 1911 jargon, hammer down means it is resting against the slide and the safety could not be engaged. The opposite would be hammer cocked and safety engaged.
I thought "hammer down" meant the hammer was cocked which is why I said, I carry a 1911 but I guess I still don't know some of the jargon. oh well just make sure you got that thing condition 1.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Docindahouze said:
mygunstoo said:
Docindahouze said:
Correct.

I thought "hammer down" meant the hammer was cocked which is why I said. oh well just make sure you got that thing condition 1.
That's better :righton:

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
Move the G&P to the flat portion of the holster?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,102 Posts
I'd rather flip the image of the state upside-down.
Then it looks shaped more like a holster.
Wider at the top, tapering as it goes down toward the barrel.
Most people who have a chance to look at it clearly for a few seconds will still recognize it as the silhouette of the State.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I'd rather flip the image of the state upside-down.
Then it looks shaped more like a holster.
Wider at the top, tapering as it goes down toward the barrel.
Most people who have a chance to look at it clearly for a few seconds will still recognize it as the silhouette of the State.
but picture it as a S.O.B. holster, or just an extreme cant OWB holster. ive added red where belt loops would go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
308sniper said:
dcannon1 said:
Docindahouze said:

the safety on that one isnt engaged. its just a stock picture of a kimber gold match from kimber website.

i like the logo, anything is better than that damned glock with the plus 2 baseplate. its like a nutnfancy wet dream.
Although I carry and love my Glock, it is one ugly gun, and I figured a nice 1911 would make the pic look better. Good call on the Kimber website stock photo - I had to flip it though because all of the pictures were taken from the right side.

futureusr said:
Move the G&P to the flat portion of the holster?
I think I'm going to try this tonight - I think it'll look better

mygunstoo said:
I pack it in condition 2. :lol:

:runaway:
hahahaha

If anyone wants to use the image anywhere, its fine with me. I'm going to try to make it look a little better tonight though.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cannonballgsu said:
dcannon1 said:
Use a cooler 1911, like a Dan Wesson or Nighthawk :righton:
How about a GOLD DESERT EAGLE!!!

:shattered: :lol:
make sure you got the diamond inlaid grips with "lopez" across them. lol and maybe some salsa spilled on the ground below it, with a chihuahua licking up the salsa.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts