New from Warner Robins

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by dbaker, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dbaker

dbaker New Member

Greetings!

Stumbled upon this site while searching for info on Georgia's CCW laws. This appears to me to be a "one-stop-shop" for anything anyone would ever need to obtain a CCW license. I've gone through a quite a few posts and I see that many of you are very knowledgeable about this stuff. If I run into people who have any questions I will be sure to refer them to this site.

About me, I'm 21 years old active duty Air Force. Yes, I do know about the exemption law regarding military (thanks to this site!). I hope to contribute to this forum any way I can and learn as much as I can.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Welcome aboard.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO dbaker!

4. maddog

maddog New Member

welcome aboard dbaker

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Welcome to the board!

What is that in your avatar? Air Force one dropping flares? :D

6. dbaker

dbaker New Member

Heh, the jet that I currently fly on has flare dispensers that were only used in the development stage. Since then some general thought that it was too much of a hassle to keep them on there. I believe it is considered to be a live ordnance.

It was probably the same guy that took the Beretta's off when we are deployed because he thought that "too much paper-work" was involved. So now when we deploy we are alone and unafraid....and UNARMED! :banghead:

7. merlock

merlock New Member

:welcome: From another WR denizen...

Avitar looks like an E8. You with the 116th ACW?

I work across the ramp from y'all...on the C17.

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Welcome aboard...

Just remember, we don't allow no Zoom Bags in the chat room. Class A uniform or appropriate civilian attire only...

9. merlock

merlock New Member

Is there guidance on what kind of TIE to wear? :whistle:

10. dbaker

dbaker New Member

:lol: Agreed, I will change before I post.

11. dbaker

dbaker New Member

Yes I am. Been here for about two years. Still not fully adjusted to the "blended" wing. I'm in the 128 ACCS. Meow!!

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Welcome. Have you become interested in the local high school football scene down there? NSWR vs. WRHS is real life "Friday Night Lights."

13. merlock

merlock New Member

Isn't that the truth? :eek:

When I first got here in '85, it was the damnedest thing that I'd ever seen.

14. dbaker

dbaker New Member

:?: :?: :?: I'm gonna have to check this out!

15. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

welcome from north georgia

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

When Northside plays Warner Robins they have over 20,000 people show up for a high school football game! I think between the two they have 5 or 6 state titles (Warner Robins also has 2 National titles) and countless region championships. Northside won their first state title last year in 2006. Even the county high school, Houston County HS is good and makes it to the playoffs. So if you are a football fan, particulary high school then you are living in one of the premier areas!

Here is a little history from Wiki for you:
    Northside's rival in almost everything is Warner Robins High School, located on the south side of Warner Robins. This matchup traditionally divides the city along Watson Blvd, pitting the north side of the city against the south side of the city in fashion not short of the civil war with one of the main roads, Watson Boulevard (Georgia State Route 247 connector) as the dividing line.[2] With the addition of Houston County High School in 1993, the rivalry is now with the southeast section of the city zoned for WRHS... but is no less intense.

The series of rivalries dates back to 1964, NHS's first football season, and they have met every year since. Six times, they have met twice in the year, NHS only winning once. During football games between the two, it is not unheard of to have 20,000+ screaming fans in and around the stadium to cheer on the teams. In spite of the size of McConnell-Talbert Stadium, a shared home field for the 3 teams in the city, bleachers and additional facilities have to be brought in to house the spectators. It is not uncommon for these two teams to meet with more than city bragging rights on the line. In the history of NHS vs WRHS, no more than 3 times has the winner not represented this region in the state football playoffs. With its location by Robins Air Force Base, this rivalry is premier not only in the central Georgia region, but to alumni worldwide as well. It is not uncommon for spectators from all over the state of Georgia to attend this game, whether or not they have ties to the 2 schools.

The intense rivalry maintains in spite of the two schools being placed into different state classes. Warner Robins High School moved back up to AAAAA while Northside remains in AAAA for the 2nd year.