Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I'd register and atleast browse around for now. I'm from Hephzibah, GA (South side of Augusta) but moved up to Virginia 2 years ago. I had a GFL but of course it expired since I moved out of state and became a VA resident.

I've since got my VA CHP and non-resident NH permit. So between the two, I'm good to carry from VA all the way to Georgia when I make return trips to visit the family.

Wish Georgia would honor the VA CHP, then I wouldn't have to get the NH permit.

Do miss Georgia in the winter time :) too much snow up here for my liking.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
tkruf said:
Hi, just thought I'd register and atleast browse around for now. I'm from Hephzibah, GA (South side of Augusta) but moved up to Virginia 2 years ago. I had a GFL but of course it expired since I moved out of state and became a VA resident.

I've since got my VA CHP and non-resident NH permit. So between the two, I'm good to carry from VA all the way to Georgia when I make return trips to visit the family.

Wish Georgia would honor the VA CHP, then I wouldn't have to get the NH permit.

Do miss Georgia in the winter time :) too much snow up here for my liking.
Welcome back to Georgia.
:welcome:

Just a question -
:?
Are you saying that you are going to use you NH permit instead of getting a GWL while being a Georgia resident?
I'm not sure that will work. I might be wrong but you might have to have a license from your state of residence in order for the NH one to work. You might want to do a little research.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I found this -

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states. Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire or within a state other than the licensee’s home state that reciprocally recognizes New Hampshire nonresident concealed carry licenses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a question -
:?
Are you saying that you are going to use you NH permit instead of getting a GWL while being a Georgia resident?
I'm not sure that will work. I might be wrong but you might have to have a license from your state of residence in order for the NH one to work. You might want to do a little research.
No, I'm saying I live in Virginia and am a Virginia resident. I am from Georgia originally. Veteran, and work for a company that moved me from Georgia to Virginia in early 2008.
I have a Virginia CHP and a NH non-resident permit. I've done my research.

Georgia honors all NH permits (resident and non-resident). Georgia does not have reciprocity with Virginia. That is why I got my NH non-resident permit which "is" honored by Georgia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rmodel65 said:
PA is cheaper now for nonresidents....they are 26$ but going up to 100 just like NH soon
Yeah I know. I found that out after getting my NH permit. My wife went for her VA permit and by then we found out about PA permits and we got her a PA permit so she is good for Georgia now also. Virginia's CHP covers us for VA, TN, NC, SC, but not GA. Which is all the states we pass through when we make a trip to visit my parents.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
tkruf said:
rmodel65 said:
PA is cheaper now for nonresidents....they are 26$ but going up to 100 just like NH soon
Yeah I know. I found that out after getting my NH permit. My wife went for her VA permit and by then we found out about PA permits and we got her a PA permit so she is good for Georgia now also. Virginia's CHP covers us for VA, TN, NC, SC, but not GA. Which is all the states we pass through when we make a trip to visit my parents.
so get on top of your state legislatures about accepting GA GWL in a reciprocity agreement...GA already will accept yours if your state will accept ours ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome from Marietta.

:righton:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
rmodel65 said:
Drewster said:
When is PA going up to 100.00
iirc sometime at the beginning of the year but i can say for sure i read about it a while back on PAFOA.org
Next year you'll have to actually go to PA to get one. :roll:

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
rmodel65 said:
Drewster said:
When is PA going up to 100.00
iirc sometime at the beginning of the year but i can say for sure i read about it a while back on PAFOA.org
Next year you'll have to actually go to PA to get one. :roll:
i plan on getting one soon....iirc it gives Delaware and i spent a day there last year(i could have OC'd but the people i was staying with were very anti-gun)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts