Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine at the fire department recommended this site to me the other night after I purchased my first pistol. I have been shooting for a while but it was mostly rifles and shotguns. I just put in for my GFL this afternoon and am looking forward to packing heat.

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
:welcome: Merlock, you beat me to it.

·
68,961 Posts
bigdixie said:
A buddy of mine at the fire department recommended this site to me the other night after I purchased my first pistol. I have been shooting for a while but it was mostly rifles and shotguns. I just put in for my GFL this afternoon and am looking forward to packing heat.
Did they give you any indication of the length of your wait for the license?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it was bulloch3317 that referred me here. He has the same Bersa that I have so I was just asking him a few questions about the process of getting a GFL here and about the gun itself. At the Probate office the clerk said it would take 6-8 weeks but I have heard that it takes about two weeks. Between tuition, driving a 42 year old car daily, and life expenses it took me a while to save up enough to afford a handgun so I am really looking forward to getting that letter in the mail.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I work with one of your coworkers.

He's a security guard at the hospital when he's not out rushing in to burning buildings.

Come to think of it, I've probably met most of you guys. Welcome to GPO!

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
bigdixie said:
yeah it was bulloch3317 that referred me here. He has the same Bersa that I have so I was just asking him a few questions about the process of getting a GFL here and about the gun itself. At the Probate office the clerk said it would take 6-8 weeks but I have heard that it takes about two weeks. Between tuition, driving a 42 year old car daily, and life expenses it took me a while to save up enough to afford a handgun so I am really looking forward to getting that letter in the mail.
Mine took 5 weeks and I was told 4-6 weeks when I applied.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I have heard both sides of the spectrum regarding Bulloch county so I think I am just going to try and not think about it as much so it will be a surprise when it gets here.....eh, who am I kidding, I will be counting the days until I get the letter in the mail. :D

I work with one of your coworkers.

He's a security guard at the hospital when he's not out rushing in to burning buildings.

Come to think of it, I've probably met most of you guys. Welcome to GPO!
who do you know? I didn't know anyone from our department did that. Of course there are 8 districts in the county so there is no telling. Me, fireboss, and bulloch fight the hot stuff in the Register district.

·
16,485 Posts
bigdixie said:
Yeah I have heard both sides of the spectrum regarding Bulloch county so I think I am just going to try and not think about it as much so it will be a surprise when it gets here.....eh, who am I kidding, I will be counting the days until I get the letter in the mail. :D
We all did, so don't feel alone. Counting the days gets a lot easier after the first 4 or 5 hours. Those hours last years.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
bigdixie said:
l when he's not out rushing in to burning buildings.
When you get to the 60 day mark, start making phone calls (even before then...I did). I called at day 35, and it was ready that day (they had the letter on the way out). So, I just told them to hold the letter and rode up there to pick it up.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/trust-but-verify/

1 - 20 of 39 Posts