New from Statesboro

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by bigdixie, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

A buddy of mine at the fire department recommended this site to me the other night after I purchased my first pistol. I have been shooting for a while but it was mostly rifles and shotguns. I just put in for my GFL this afternoon and am looking forward to packing heat.

2. merlock

merlock Active Member

:welcome: And, please consider joining GCO; link at the bottom of the page!

3. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

:welcome: Merlock, you beat me to it.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did they give you any indication of the length of your wait for the license?

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Dang, Bulloch (the member here) is doing a good recruiting job (I assume that's who referred you).

Welcome, by the way.

6. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

7. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

yeah it was bulloch3317 that referred me here. He has the same Bersa that I have so I was just asking him a few questions about the process of getting a GFL here and about the gun itself. At the Probate office the clerk said it would take 6-8 weeks but I have heard that it takes about two weeks. Between tuition, driving a 42 year old car daily, and life expenses it took me a while to save up enough to afford a handgun so I am really looking forward to getting that letter in the mail.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Pretty soon, half of the people on GPDO will be Bulloch's friends...

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I work with one of your coworkers.

He's a security guard at the hospital when he's not out rushing in to burning buildings.

Come to think of it, I've probably met most of you guys. Welcome to GPO!

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Mine took 5 weeks and I was told 4-6 weeks when I applied.

11. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

Yeah I have heard both sides of the spectrum regarding Bulloch county so I think I am just going to try and not think about it as much so it will be a surprise when it gets here.....eh, who am I kidding, I will be counting the days until I get the letter in the mail. :D

who do you know? I didn't know anyone from our department did that. Of course there are 8 districts in the county so there is no telling. Me, fireboss, and bulloch fight the hot stuff in the Register district.

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

We all did, so don't feel alone. Counting the days gets a lot easier after the first 4 or 5 hours. Those hours last years.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

MP, I hope you are watching! I want my free shirt! ;-)

BTW, :welcome: 3321!

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

When you get to the 60 day mark, start making phone calls (even before then...I did). I called at day 35, and it was ready that day (they had the letter on the way out). So, I just told them to hold the letter and rode up there to pick it up.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/trust-but-verify/

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Are they all joining GCO?

16. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

I just got my confimation in my inbox last night.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

FTW, that makes 2.