New from Macon County

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by jgullock, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Hey there. I've been lurking here for quite a while. I'm on my initial carry permit (applied in 2002) and am coming up for renewal by September 2007. My first application went well from what I remember. I think I'm gonna give myself a condition - some of the things I've read make my blood boil. The incompetence of the government makes me sick. If I have any troubles I'll sure let you know - I may even need some advice on one of those temp restraining orders.

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Welcome!

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Coming up for renewal in September 2007.

(1) Are you aware that you may renew up to 90 days before your expiration date?

(2) Are you aware that some counties take months to process the renewal application?

(3) Are you aware that you are entitled to the issuance of a temporary renewal license at the time of application, assuming the judge does not know of or is not made aware of a factor that makes you ineligible for a renewal 5 year license, and the temporary license is good for 90 days?

(4) Are you aware of the Order that was issued from a federal judge in Atlanta granting a temporary restraining order compelling the Carroll County Probate Court to accept a renewal application without requiring the disclosure of the applicant's social security account number and employment information and to process a temporary license in accordance with the law?

:wink:

4. Malum Prohibitum

You probably are aware of all of these, if you have been reading here, but our information so far is that some probate courts since July 1 are refusing to issue the temporary license when people renew. None of the probate courts have made the social security number and employment information voluntary, except for one instance for one applicant when the probate judge was under a federal court order to take the application without requiring the disclosure of such information.

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Yup to all the above. So what can be done when these entities REFUSE to comply with the law??? If it were you or I we'd have us a new poop-chute drilled.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Hit the button at the bottom of this box marked PM and shoot me your email, please.

8. Malum Prohibitum

OH, 2007!

That's next year.

Please kindly scratch everything I wrote above.

:whistle: