New Feds power

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by kestak, Dec 17, 2010.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

2. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

That's a very sad and sorry situation when a government agency can force a business to do remove Christian symbols.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Yeah, that whole "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;..." must not mean what it certainly seems to mean :screwy: :screwy:

4. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

I guess we must be reading it the wrong way. :roll: :roll:

5. politenessman

politenessman Active Member

Our liberties were being eroded long before that.

6. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

We don't even have to go that far back. Where was the OP when Bush II was president? Was the OP giving that president a pass since he was fighting the "war on tearer"? Or just because he was a republican? I didn't see any outrage at the prescription drug social program he brought in ..... A little hot air, but that was yesterday's news in no time and people soon became complacent with it. And I'm not getting started into the anti-Patriot Act other than giving it this short mention.

One thing I have noticed: The more the right demonizes the left, the less it sees its own demons.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

How about the liberties we have lost since the Radical Republicans in Congress forced the state's to annul their governments, and agree to prescribe themselves to the 14th amendment, taking away State citizenship and making every American a National citizen?

Then when people tried to question the Constitutionality of this, the Radical Republicans in Congress passed laws and took away the power and jurisdiction of the courts and the Supreme Court to make a judgment on the Constitutional, because they feared it would be deemed unconstitutional by the courts.

Basically, destroying, "We the people" and replacing it with Congress. Making Congress "The People." We the People, the citizens of this country now have no power to redress out government. The Congress is "The People."

It is my belief that after our country and government was hi-jacked during Reconstruction, that what we are seeing now was inevitable. An all powerful federal government flexing and forcing its will on The People, and there is nothing we can do about it. Repealing the 14th amendment would be a good start. We would need to all go back to becoming State citizens again and tell the Fed to shove it. Of course you will receive death threats and be intimidated by intelligence officers, but besides that, you're good to go.

We should also start by asking Georgia to prove its lawfulness in the court of law.

It all can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinGIrel ... re=related

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

+1

9. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

It's been a long time since either the Dems or the Reps cared about much besides how much they hate the other. Nothing is going to change until the people that spend all day watching MSNBC and the ones that spend all day watching Fox News realize that they're mirrored copies of one another, one red, one blue.

Break down any political forum, including the subforum on this site, and you get something like the following:
    40% "Person/people we hate are doing something we hate, let's talk about how much we hate them."
    30% "Something important is going to happen, let's talk about how the person/people we hate is/are going to screw it up."
    20% Genuine discussion about issues.
    10% "Here is an idiotic story I just made up, which, despite being entirely fictional, will make me and people who agree with me feel good about ourselves."

Us vs Them is the poison that killed all semblance of reason in politics.

10. Prophet

Prophet New Member

I guess Willie Lynch actually did know what the hell he was talking about and could be applied to anyone.... :righton:

11. OverTork

OverTork New Member

I'm the first one to stand up and say that religion has no place in a public school, government buildings, and any facility paid for by the taxpayers, but a private business has every right to put up whatever religious symbols they want.

12. Hack Causality

Absolutely. The idea that the government could walk into my place of business and tell me what I can or cannot display is disgusting.

13. kestak

kestak New Member

Public schools have no place in our society. Why do I have to pay all my life with my property taxes (directly) or tent (indirectly) to indoctrinate my neighbour kids (like the one I worked with who had 5 kids from 5 different men. And before you ask, she was getting money from the government even if she was working. So, I was paying to feed her children too)?

And please do not come with that liberal crappy answer that we must INVEST in the future of our children. They are not MY children.

And I did invest heavily in the future of those children:
    - I gave them a country with my hard labour.
    - I gave them freedom with my blood and vote.
    - I gave them a future by investing my savings in companies stocks who invest money in R&D, build roads, transport good, make goods, etc.
    - I gave them values by abiding with moral values respecting Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So, tell me...
    Why do I have to pay for a mediocre education given to those children?
    Why, if I pay for that mediocre education, my life values cannot be thought in that school?

By your statement, you are depriving me and all Americans of my God given right of liberty supporting the public school (and leftists) mantras. I have NO choice to pay for those kids.

14. OverTork

OverTork New Member

Can you elaborate? I don't think I really understand what you mean by this.

By my statement, or were you referring to someone else?

15. Hack Causality

He means that if he's expected to help fund the school system, he should get a say in the curriculum.