New features coming soon

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Gunstar1, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have been re-coding the website in .php so I can more easily update the pages on the site.
    Other than that database problem I had this weekend, everything else has been going smooth.

Some of the new things I did you can't see. Such as multi-linking files, it basically is creating a "footer.php" file and making all the webpages link to that file to show the footer. (makes it easier on the webmaster, instead of editing 16 pages to add 2006 at the bottom, I only have to edit 1 file)

A new feature that you can see is the database driven Senate and House scorecards. The House scorecard can now be sorted differently without leaving the page. The Senate Scorecard does that too but now also includes more information about a Senator when you click the name, such as party, city of residence and email address.

Another new feature (that is not quite finished) has been added to the License Process by County page. I have added a way of seeing if that county follows the law on how they sould issue the license. I need to include the reason a county is not following the law to some of the counties before I am done with it.

Anyway, check them out and let me know if you see anything wrong.

2. seajay

seajay Active Member

Looks good!

Kudos!

3. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Wow. Sounds like you have been putting in some hours. Of course, I really only understood about half of it. :( As financially dependant I am on the internet, I have to admit I am not nearly as fluent as I should be.

4. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Good job!! The only change I would make is removing the BIG links on the sides of the main page for the NRA, Packing and all the rest. I never really liked them. Just my opinion. Anyone else agree or disagree?

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

bugman: Yes, it has been quite a bit. More because I am new to .php so I have to write some, test, write some, test, then once it all works, go back and make it look good.

It is taking a lot of time now to get it set up, but once all the bills and scorecards need to be updated it will save me a LOT of time.