Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/721294
Saw this today and the first thing I thought was Blech!
Not so much for the Idea, but the actual subjects used....

Some of the ideas are good, but Somehow I just don't think using our cash as a way to celebrate Liberal Icons is a good Idea. Why can't they use the same Icons that are already on the denominations? I mean how do you justify the most controversial President ever as getting his face on the most common denomination of our money?
The different sizes for different denominations IMHO is a Bad Idea. I also noticed how they took things like "In God we Trust" off.

Some of the better ones...

Ooops added link

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Ashe - do you have a link for this?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
different sized monies....that what Norfed was doing....supposedly their money was designed that way for the blind etc govt stealing private industries ideas and shutting them down too...

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rmodel65 said:
different sized monies....that what Norfed was doing....supposedly their money was designed that way for the blind etc govt stealing private industries ideas and shutting them down too...
Want to make money easier to figure out for the blind? Add braille or have each bill with differently shaped corners.
you can have 'cut' corners, round corners and square corners with each bill having a different series and pattern of shapes. There are only 6 really common denominations for bills anyways.
  • The $1 bill gets 4 'cut' corners[/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
  • The $5 bill gets 2 'cut' corners (opposite corners) and 2 round corners[/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
  • The $10 gets 4 round corners[/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
  • The $20 gets 2 round (opposite corners), 1 'cut' and 1 square corner[/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
  • The $50 gets 2 round (opposite corners) and 2 square corners [/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
  • The 100 gets 4 square corners[/*:m:eek:adcaj1c]
This way you can't "trim" a bill to have the same corners as a bill thats valued more.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'll stop using paper money, if that's to be the dollar bill. I'll fill my pockets with dollar coins and quarters before I stoop to that nonsense.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
(And doesn't a President have to be, you know... sort of, um... dead first?)
(Not trying to advocate or suggest anything... just asking)
Nope. You don't even have to be president to be on a bill. Neither Ben Franklin nor Alexander Hamilton were presidents.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Don't forget Salmon P. Chase

Who????

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I have a nomination for the three dollar bill.

:love:

·
16,485 Posts
Ashe said:
rmodel65 said:
Want to make money easier to figure out for the blind? Add braille or have each bill with differently shaped corners.
you can have 'cut' corners, round corners and square corners with each bill having a different series and pattern of shapes. There are only 6 really common denominations for bills anyways.
  • The $1 bill gets 4 'cut' corners[/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
  • The $5 bill gets 2 'cut' corners (opposite corners) and 2 round corners[/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
  • The $10 gets 4 round corners[/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
  • The $20 gets 2 round (opposite corners), 1 'cut' and 1 square corner[/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
  • The $50 gets 2 round (opposite corners) and 2 square corners [/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
  • The 100 gets 4 square corners[/*:m:7h5ttxr6]
This way you can't "trim" a bill to have the same corners as a bill thats valued more.
Would this be cheaper than using different sizes? I would think there was some reason most countries use different sizes.

Hock25 said:
I'll stop using paper money, if that's to be the dollar bill. I'll fill my pockets with dollar coins and quarters before I stoop to that nonsense.
Good. Now convince everyone else to do that and we can save a lot of money.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I find the Duncan Dowling format to be intriguing... though I would certain put different icons on the bills.

Here's what I'd put on the bills, in no particular order:

No politician, living or dead
US Constitution (frontside), USS Constitution (backside)
the Wright Flyer
the Normandy Invasion
the Internet
a clipper ship
Columbia / Eagle
Pioneer / Voyager
The transistor
The telephone
some medical stuff
etc.

You can see my line of thinking.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
budder said:
Would this be cheaper than using different sizes? I would think there was some reason most countries use different sizes.
I've been to several European countries both before and after the euro switch, and I don't recall much variation in the size of the different bills within a country.
Now we did notice that the Euro coins worth more than a euro would cause many Americans to over tip.
I mean hey I just threw a hand full of coins on the table right? What? I gave them over $20 worth of change?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I would love to have some of the obama bills, if they came in 2-ply, on a roll, and I could wipe my butt with them: :lol:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
drtybykr said:
I would love to have some of the obama bills, if they came in 2-ply, on a roll, and I could wipe my butt with them: :lol:

:lol: Yeah, you gotta buy some of it.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Regarding the "Obama rolls", he's already trying to bend you over. Why help him?
He won't bend me over, I won't stick my head in the sand, either. I won't leave my rear waving in the wind.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Blegh, that first set makes them look like the brochures you see sticking out of racks at tourist traps. I'll take my money green and all the same size, thanks. What's with the government naming things after people who are still alive, anyway?

(The George H.W. Bush ought to be named the Enterprise and they darn well know it)

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
I believe that by law you have to be dead to be featured on U.S. currency. I cannot cite the law so...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
I believe that by law you have to be dead to be featured on U.S. currency. I cannot cite the law so...
what does it matter... obama is changing everything else, trying to re-write the COTUS, why not change the law in which faces appear on money. I'm not sure why he would even make it onto a bill... wtf did he do for this country besides being the first black president... just sayin of course..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts