New carry gun!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by grapeknutz, Feb 16, 2007.

1. grapeknutz

grapeknutz New Member

I just bought a Taurus 38 spl ultra-light snubbie It is light and has a good feel in my hand. The price was right $325.00
    I will use a Mika pocket holster with it. I will be going to go to the range and will report on it.

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Sounds like a nice carry gun. I carry a S&W model 60 and it is just what I want. Fairly small and not all that heavy. A revolver, so it should be damn near 100% reliable and it handles .357 cartridges. Only five of them, but I hope I'll never need more than that!

I think you'll like your new toy.

3. Dan

Dan Active Member

Good deal. I have always been curious about the Taurus Ti snubs. I used to have a 60LS but was a little heavy.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have a Scandium little J-frame S&W in .357 Magnum. It is loads of fun to shoot, and I frequently carry it inside the waistband, but I recently noticed photographic evidence exists of me carrying it in places off limits (although I will not reveal the location of such evidence, so as to deny the probable cause for a search warrant).

Apparently, despite my confidence that I was carrying concealed, a trained eye could have picked me out if he knew what he was looking for.

I was emboldened by telling several police officers I was armed and asking if they could tell. After looking me over very carefully, each and every one of them said, "No."

One glance at the pictures, though, and I could tell exactly where it was without hesitation.

The fact that I thought it was well concealed does not mean that it was so.