New Athens-area Dealer

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Biscuitsjam, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam New Member

Company - SportingArms/Jerry Erwin
    Type - FFL Transfer Agent

Jerry Erwin
    159 Parkview Road
    Winterville, GA 30683
    FFL Transfer Fee: $10.00
    706 742 7971
    erwin159@aol.com

Winterville is only about a 10 minute drive from Athens, GA. I transfered a couple of firearms ordered over the internet through him recently. He told me that next time before ordering off the internet, I should talk to him first, as he can likely meet or beat any prices I'd find online.

His store building isn't quite finished yet, but he'll still do transfers, orders, etc. Erwin isn't a gunsmith himself, but he knows people who can do any custom work that you'd need.

I had a good experience with him, and I'd encourage others to try him out also.

2. thegooch

thegooch New Member

Wonderful little store and a pleasure to deal with, they have the best prices around I've seen. $10 FFL transfers. The place is a tad bit hard to find, but well worth a visit.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oh, no! Not more arms dealers! This means more guns, which means more needless deaths!

Oh, the humanity.

4. tsangster

tsangster Member

Is there an address or is it by email only?

5. thegooch

thegooch New Member

159 Parkview Road
    Winterville, GA 30683

It's basically behind the post office/next to the park. If you get to the cemetery you've gone to far. The store is behind a house so take the gravel road to the back.

6. tsangster

tsangster Member

Is an appointment needed / appreciated or can I just drop by on one of my afternoon strolls?

7. thegooch

thegooch New Member

drop on by i suppose

8. Wildcat

Wildcat Member

Anybody use this gentleman recently? I sent Jerry an email and haven't yet received a response. Just wondering if he is still doing business.

BTW, Franklin's SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :evil:

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Jerry has been in business out there for several years. Prior to that, he was the original manager at Georgia Outdoor Sports, and he worked for Mr. Franklin back before the children ruined the store.