Never fear... TSA has arrived... at your local bus station..

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by BG_Atl, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Chuck Lawrence deserves the government he gets. Unbelievable that an American citizen . . . ah, nevermind . . .

2. seereus

seereus Active Member

I'm not familiar with bus travel, however I did have one experience while on a RCCL Cruise.

Port Canaveral was closed due to a hurricane, so the ship returned to Miami and everyone was then bused back to Canaveral.

On the way, the driver took a break at a rest area type place.
    Everyone exited the bus, and then was allowed to re board without any kind of tickets or documentation being checked by the driver.

If this is normal for bus travel, what good does security do at the starting point, if your allowed to leave and re board the bus at a later time???

3. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Last bus I was ever on was in 1978 coming home from boot camp....

4. JMan

JMan New Member

I had the NO choice to ride a Gray hound back in 2002 and It was from Cali to GA and was the worst trip ever . Never ever again period .

5. samman23

samman23 New Member

I'm not sure whether I misunderstood or what, but did the Customs and Immigration guy at 45 seconds say that they are going after "cash smuggling". I though that cash is legal in the whole united states and the whole world.

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

TSA? ICE? CBP? How is a bus trip from Tampa to Orlando a Federal concern?

:screwy:

7. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Standard answer seems to be "Intestate Commerce Clause," since it really (really?) seems to touch everything. :screwy:

8. AEKDB

AEKDB New Member

We relinquish our 4th amendment rights when we buy a plan ticket. Not because the airlines want us to or because the airport wants us to but because the federal government says so. Will this be the same with trains and buses? What about cars. When you buy a car can the federal government make you waive your 4th amendment rights? How about when you are born? Can they make you waive your 4th amendment before you get a SS card or before you are considered a citizen?

9. CoffeeMate

What interstate commerce is happening that requires regulation during a bus trip from Tampa to Orlando?

10. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Well, you know that people often daydream about being far away from where they are. Since the left-wing fools in the federal govt want to be the "thought police", those daydreams qualify for interstate commerce. That's good enough to make it fair game for them. Of course, I may be giving them a little too much credit for reasoning this out, but I was only trying to give them a little help. :lol:

Yep, first it was the airlines where we have to either be irradiated or spread the testicles, butt cheeks, and breasts, and now at the bus stations we'll now have to do the same.

While the federal govt's stepping over the line and violating our constitutional rights disgusts me, I hope they accelerate the pace, for this will help to awaken the people to revolt in mass with their ballot votes to get some common sense back into government.

11. CoffeeMate

If they accelerate it any more, someone is going to snap and bullets will start flying.

I'm not trying to encourage anything... just saying.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM

12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Notice how the various agencies are teaming together in a way to try even more to make it appear as if their efforts are really just to keep us safe, and not at all as an effort to take away our constitutional rights.

You'd think that helping to prevent terrorism would be a good enough reason for them to do what they're doing, if in fact our safety was their sole objective. No, they also have to throw in that they're looking for illegal immigrants and drug dealers as well. All the more material for the sheep to gorge themselves on.

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

While it may sound like I'm changing the subject, I'm not.....

Has everyone been paying attention to the tag scanners being put up everywhere? Those highway improvements weren't for asphalt.

The bus station is just the first jump away from the airports. It gets worse and worse from here on out. Pretty soon, your little daughter is going to get groped because you were just trying to go from the grocery store to home. :( :evil:

14. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

It would be a concern if someone crossed a US border via a bus, or hopped a bus shortly after illegally crossing the border. While it is legal to transport any amount of currency or other monetary instruments into or out of the United States, there are restrictions on how much you can transport without reporting it when crossing any US border. If you transport, attempt to transport, or cause to be transported (including by mail or other means) currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 or its foreign equivalent) at one time from the United States to any foreign country, or into the United States from any foreign country, you must declare this by filing a report with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This report is done using the Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments, FinCEN Form 105.

Furthermore, if you receive in the United States, currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 (or its foreign equivalent) at one time, which has been transported, mailed, or shipped to you from any foreign place, you must also file a FinCEN Form 105.

See this currency reporting brief from U.S. Customs for more information.

15. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Isn't a lot of what the government has been doing, especially with the TSA, considered Tyranny? And what are the American people suppose to stand up to? Just saying...

16. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I know it may sound a bit extreme, but how long until we have randomly placed
    roadblocks for the same reasons... I mean after all.... some drove a vehicle into
    OKC and blew up a building... shouldn't we protect the citizens from that as well ?

17. 736Lawton

736Lawton Member

I remember years ago when that idiot Max Cleland was at a party I was attending and he was pontificating about the "good" of this rule in catching drug dealers and other criminals.
    I asked him a very simple question.
    "Mr. Cleland, don't you think any "criminals" have enough smarts to know about this and therefore will merely transport $9,000 instead of $10,000, just in case they get caught?
    He was speechless and turned red faced with anger.
    The crowd at the party, who were being bored by his prattle, laughed at him.
    I loved it. :lol:

18. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Yes it's standard. Rode the grey dog from St. Louis to Atlanta. a couple of years ago. Stopped in Kentucky for an hour and we just came and went as we pleased. The driver checks closer than you think. He might not notice one extra passenger though and a "bomb" could easily have been brought onto the bus in a bag.

19. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

It falls under because the bus company is federally registered and federally regulated. Where they are traveling has nothing to do with it.