Neos "weaver" VS Simmons "weaver"

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mzmtg, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I got a Simmons 30mm red dot to try out on my Beretta Neos.

Unfortunately, the mount doesn't fit. The cross bolts don't line up with the slots in the scope rail. One of the bolts is adjustable, but it won't fit at either end of its adjustment.

[​IMG]

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just need to modify the mount?

2. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I think I'd give Simmons a call they may have a mount specificly for the Beretta.

Failing that I've always had good luck with the 55gal. drum sizes of JB Weld. :rotfl:

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I came up with a temporary solution.

I'll just use one screw towards the center of mount for now.

4. Wiley

Wiley New Member

There is a difference between the dimentions of a weaver rail and a picatinny rail. That might be your problem.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Neither the gun nor the scope claim to meet the MIL-STD-1913 "Picatinny" Spec.

I just think I have a cheap chinese made scope with a mount made to the wrong dimensions.

I might end up returning it anyway. I haven't decided if I'm happy with the quality of the whole unit. The dot is sort of large and lumpy shaped.

But, I guess these things are made for fast shooting, not precise shooting...right?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

[-(

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Yeah, but it looks hot 8)

[​IMG]

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Follow-up

So, MZMTG, did you ever get a different red dot scope with a different mount? Have you taken this Neos to the range with this scope or any other scope on it? How did it perform?
    I am seriously thinking of buying one of these, or a S&W 22a, soon.
    Actually, I'll be using it with iron sights only. But the ability to put a red dot scope on it in the future would be useful. I have a cheap BSA red dot scope that may end up one day. But for now I'll be using it with open sights. Is your Beretta Neos reliable? Accurate?

9. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i thought i was the only neos owner here. had mine for nearly a year, sometimes it'll run thru 10 mags without fail and sometimes it chokes several times on one mag. it seems to run better when i clean it well and lube the slide i have a cheap bsa red dot on mine.

[​IMG]

10. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Take it to your friendly local gunsmith, milling a cross-groove in the slide mount isn't a very intensive project.

It looks like at least one of the pins is rectangular, so it might even be beneficial to have a rectangular cut.

EDIT: Oh...over a year since the last post on the subject by the OP, whatever was going to be done has probably already been done.

11. phaed

phaed New Member

simmons = evil

i'll be surprised if it even holds up on that 22

12. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt New Member

Dremel tool.....................