Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
Possibly reckless, negligent at least. No such thing as an accidental discharge. Proper safety protocols and gun handling prevent discharge. If there is one it must be due to not following the rules, therefore at minimum negligent.

And more info.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
I think he was at the entry point, not quite inside the secure area. Either way, ATL needs to do some rethinking of their set up.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
"The suspect was identified as Kenny Wells, 42. Atlanta Police Major Reginald Moorman said that they had a warrant out for his arrest for

carrying a concealed weapon at a commercial airport,

possession of a firearm by a convicted felon,

discharging a firearm and

reckless conduct."

Since they charged him with discharging the gun, I'm thinking that he was struggling with a cop or TSA officer over control of this gun and he fired it.

(Anyhow, clearly guns are dangerous and should not be allowed in public places.)

:)

·
Registered
500 Posts

Is this an actual charge?

Granted, if you are a GWCL holder, you are able to carry in the airport up to the security area. Then again, the police cannot ask if you are licensed. Or am I getting ready to 'learn today'?

I never liked the idea of corraling people at the airport into close quarters and making them a target rich environment.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Perhaps we should have CoA declare ATL to be a government building and they can have their own screening at the doors! Cause afterall, if one checkpoint is good, two would be even better!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,946 Posts

Is this an actual charge?

Granted, if you are a GWCL holder, you are able to carry in the airport up to the security area. Then again, the police cannot ask if you are licensed. Or am I getting ready to 'learn today'?

I never liked the idea of corraling people at the airport into close quarters and making them a target rich environment.
I’m assuming that’s a reference to OCGA 16-11-130.2

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts