Negative encounter outside Kroger

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by MewsicLovr, Mar 4, 2018.

1. MewsicLovr

MewsicLovr Member

My daughter is a Girl Scout, and her and my wife were at a booth today selling cookies outside Kroger. I happened to be running an errand in the area so I stopped to visit for a little bit. I was open carrying like normal. Most people never say anything; I doubt most people even notice.

While I was talking with my wife, a lady comes up and starts talking to my daughter, and said something to the effect of: "I was going to buy some cookies, but the man with the gun over there really turns me off. You should get rid of him." Then she wandered off, and said/shouted behind her, "guess he thinks it makes him a real man"

It happened pretty quick and it was so stupid I thought she was joking at first until she started wandering away. All I could do was smile and laugh with my wife.

I'm not much of a people person, and she caught me off guard so I couldn't think of a comeback on my feet. But I thought it was pretty pathetic she was basically denying money to a good cause just because she saw a gun. There was probably not much I could have said otherwise to change her mind.

Has this happened to you guys? What do you do in this situation?

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Sounds like an open minded progressive being sexist. For leftists, guns are always linked to sexuality for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I have a sticker in the back window of my truck. Its about the size of a general bumper stick but I don't do bumper stickers, so it goes in the window. It says, centered on a white background, in bright red lettering:

There are other stickers, VCDL, GC, Izaak Walton, NRA and the like.

I have had few rather concerned looking people ask me about the dangerous one in parking lots with no issues.

One was a rather stout black lady in her mid 40 who accused me of just being dangerous and hiding a gun in my pocket. I advised her it was not in a pocket and showed her the pancake on my hip. She scurried off.

Her scurrying was rather comical to me.

Nemo [​IMG]

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Your wife could have quipped back at her-- I am married to him and trust me-- he is a real man!

Other lady probably would have been offended tho.

Nemo

5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I'm surprised that you were surprised by the comment. In today's climate I take it for granted that many people are sheeple and the sight of a weapon will cause an emotional reaction in many.

Bkite likes this.
  6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

That hypocrite sheep would have been glad to have had you come to her rescue from an armed criminal attack.

She just wanted to take delight in scorning you with a sexual reference because she thought it would be cute to bully you in that fashion.

Males bullies tend to be bullies using their fists. Females bullies tend to be bullies using their wagging tongues.

7. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Active Member

Why worry about what someone says as they are walking away? If it was a big deal she wouldve said something to you directly.

8. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Your daughter should have said "I don't sell cookies to crazy cat ladies".

GlockGary likes this.
  9. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

If she had done that when I was there, I probably would have just busted out laughing. Real loud. While looking right at her.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

"Buy some cookies you cheap cow." :yum:

11. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

It makes her feel batter to put other people down. That has to be a sad existence for her. Reminds me of this lady's miserable life:

12. suomi82

suomi82 Member

You know, if the person who said that would have been a transgender, that would have actually been pretty funny. :D

13. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

I would have said "Oh look honey! That's what we call a bitch."

GlockGary likes this.
  14. Dan

Dan Active Member

Ignore it and keep walking. It drives them crazy.