Needs more nanny-state

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by AV8R, Oct 12, 2010.

1. AV8R

AV8R Banned

2. mpc

mpc New Member

Finally! An idea that makes sense. Car thieves would never think of smashing a window to get into a car. This will stymie criminals completely.

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

File this one under "instead of doing something."

4. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Wasn't there an article from the UK where the police where towing cars with the windows left open in order to stop them from being stolen? :screwy: And then charging the owners for this service? :screwy:

5. samman23

samman23 New Member

so instead of dealing with the criminals, they make the good guys criminals. :screwy:

6. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

It is a lot easier to generate revenue that way. :roll:

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Wow! Making something a crime because there are criminals is absurd. As said above, tax the good people, because it creates more revenue that way.

It does remind me of Britain. More Nanny State bull. Its just like the window down you get towed nonsense. I mean criminals never break windows in order to steal items or go on a joy ride. Ohh wait, I had it happen to me once. Our government is getting completely out of control. :screwy:

Next they'll be talking about doing this state wide, then other states will start picking this up. I hope we have the sense to not do this in Georgia.

8. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

I hope Georgia would never consider this. I'd rack up a huge bill. Since I dont want my Jeep top to be cut I leave the doors unlocked. Well when they are on the Jeep anyways.

9. groats

groats New Member

Well of course it does. Taxing bad people doesn't work, they don't bother to pay. Imagine that!

10. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I wonder if they will ticket you when your top is down... if the doors are locked :lol:

11. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Wait, let me get this straight, you're saying that criminals do criminal things?