Needed: A Culture of Self Defense

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

They connect this coddling to self defense (lack thereof)

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 30/OPINION

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

She's right, but it starts way before college.

I prefer to fight back and defend msyelf because that's what my parents taught me. I teach my children the same thing. It has to start at home in order to neutralize the crap kids hear at school and on TV.

The problem is that parents today have been successfully indoctrinated to be good servants. By default, they aid the government (via schools, colleges, and media entertainment) in teaching their kids to sit down and remain submissive. The cycle has started and it will be a hard to break. A culture of self defense (and self reliance, and free thinking) needs to be BROUGHT BACK.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Yeah, that passive-avoidance doctrine is working real well in Atlanta. I can't remember the last time a pre-teen, or for that matter, an entire gang of them took an agressive stance and say... I dunno... killed anyone for a few bucks or a pizza.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Don't be silly... Those kids don't pay attention in school! :wink:

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Indoctrination starts early now by the Libtards. It goes something like this:

What ever you do-don't fight back.
    Just lay there-they won't hurt you.
    Yeah, they will have a gun but,
    The police will be there soon
    To protect you.

We all know that the police cannot be everywhere all the time. Even the Supreme Court agrees with that.

6. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

GG,
    I thought this is what you do when a grizzly bear attacks you?
    You forgot "stop, drop, and roll". Oh, wait, thats if the bear is chasing you down a hill. Sorry.
    :woohoo: :rotfl:

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

"If the other kids didn't like you, they wouldn't pick on you. So, when they do pick on you, it's because they really do like you."

Another gem of wisdom from the nuns I wish I could forget...

Not that I paid any attention. My mom had several conferences at school because her first-born stood up for himself and fought back... like his dad told him.

In grade school, there was one kid in particular who was always hitting me, and I always hit back, and got royally pummeled by him for doing so.

We went to different high schools and didn't run into each other for several years.

He didn't grow much during that time.

I did......

Oh yeah.

I'm willing to bet he too well remembers that last encounter...