Need sights installed in Cobb/Cherokee

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mzmtg, Dec 29, 2006.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Santa brought me some TFO sights for my USP.

Anyone care to make any recommendations as to who I should have install them?

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Adventure Outdoors maybe?

I'm not sure exactly what gunsmiths are around here....but call Adventure Outdoors on S. Cobb Dr. in Smyrna. I was there on Thursday and saw that they had a gunsmith on duty, maybe they can help.

3. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

Re: Adventure Outdoors maybe?

Sorry to hijack, but I dropped by Adventure Outdoors yesterday...just to kill some time at lunch hour...funny we might have crossed paths. Did you see their front door? I guess somebody broke in or tried to?

4. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Ed's Guns (Canton Hwy (Hwy 5) & Peidmont Rd) has a smith but I have never had the need to use him.

5. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Hot Shots

I have had night sights installed by their gunsmith before. He does a first class job and even obtained warranty on some sights that went bad on one of my Rugers. Installed the replacements at no charge. The sights were not purchased from there either. Call ahead to find out when he is there.

Just south of Wendy Hill on Austell.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Well, going by the prices and turnaround times I've been quoted by local shops, I'm going to spend $90 on the sight pusher and do it myself...

7. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

Mzmtg,

If you don't mind my asking, what were the prices and turnarounds you were quoted (and by who).

I'd like to get night sights on my 1911 and would like to know how long I'll have to part with it.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

If it is an Atlanta gunsmith and that is your only carry weapon... they will take WAY too long (weeks).

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I was quoted between $40 and $70 and 2 - 4 weeks turnaround.

No thanks.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is just sad.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If you don't mind a drive, call Bulls Eye Marksman in Cumming. 678-965-5504. They have an outside smith, but also have a couple of Glock armorers there. I'm sure the armorer there can do it. I've seen them install Glock sights while the customer waited. Ask for Jason and I'm sure he'll take care of you.