Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me the law stating you don't have to have a holster please?

Have some friends that think you have to have a holster while carrying

I looked and couldn't find it on here so either I am blind or stupid or both :lol: :lol:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
There is no such wording in the law.

There was language that specifically required a holster, but SB308 removed that wording, doing away with the requirement. Laws normally tell you what you can't do, not what you can do.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam5 said:
There is no such law.

Prior to SB308 there was wording that required a holster, but SB308 removed that wording.
See that is what I thought also , but being it used to be a law you had to have a holster what proof would one have to show to a LEO if the LEO is uneducated with new law?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Tech5 said:
Adam5 said:
There is no such law.

Prior to SB308 there was wording that required a holster, but SB308 removed that wording.
See that is what I thought also , but being it used to be a law you had to have a holster what proof would one have to show to a LEO if the LEO is uneducated with new law?
Ask him/her to show you where the law says that need one.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
The holster requirement was deleted under SB-308. Now, since there is no law on requiring a holster, it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Why do I type so much slower than everyone else? :eek:ldtimer:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CountryGun said:
Why do I type so much slower than everyone else? :eek:ldtimer:
LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys and gals

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Adam5 said:
Tech5 said:
Adam5 said:
There is no such law.

If you ask him what the charge will be, specifically under which code section, he may decide to be "gracious" and let you off with only a "warning".

Besides, I always thought it was up to the officer to prove that you were breaking the law, not the other way around.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CoffeeMate said:
Adam5 said:
Tech5 said:
Adam5 said:
There is no such law.

If you ask him what the charge will be, specifically under which code section, he may decide to be "gracious" and let you off with only a "warning".

Besides, I always thought it was up to the officer to prove that you were breaking the law, not the other way around.
It used to be innocent until proven guilty but from what I have notice lately it is Guilty until proven innocent . I like to be ready for war if someone tries to test my knowledge on the laws .

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slingblade said:
Just use the "Liar, liar, pants on fire" argument with them.
lol than they throw me down :x :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts