Need help on a holster for a 1903 Colt hammerless 32 acp

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by JockeyShifter, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JockeyShifter

JockeyShifter New Member

I picked up this gun today after watching it for a year. I couldn't take it anymore so I picked it up. This is the hammerless ultra slim concealment Colt, I need a holster for this baby!
    This is a really sweet gun in very good condition, I need a nice holster for it, hey ZooKeeper, you ever made a 1903 colt hammerless holster or would this be a start from scratch project?
    Michael

2. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i've never seen one till i just looked it up, nice gun! i would need to have the gun for a few days to make a holster for it.

3. JockeyShifter

JockeyShifter New Member

ZooKeeper,
    That would work, let me get some ideas together and we can discuss this further. I need something nice and "purdy" with one of them Killed Animals stitched on to do this gun justice, evil grin!
    Thanks!
    Michael

4. JockeyShifter

JockeyShifter New Member

5. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i just found a dummy cast for this gun if interested send me a pm.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

BTW just to pick at nits the Colt 1903 pocket auto has an internal hammer. Very safe design.

7. JockeyShifter

JockeyShifter New Member

yep, and a twist barrel removal, a really nice hand gun.

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Here's a link to a Colt collector's website full of photos, technical details, info on variations in this model and production numbers, etc. There is a whole page of info just on the 1903 pocket hammerless.
    http://www.coltautos.com/ModelMci.htm

And it looks like there's a YouTube video, recently made, of somebody test-firing one of these 90+ year old pistols. It ran flawlessly, even rapid fire (8 shots in about 2 seconds!) and it was accurate too.

9. jhvaughan2

jhvaughan2 Member

Oh yes. I love my 1903. Nothing cooler in a retro-style way. It is heavy as modern guns go but it fits the hand, and the pocket so nice.
    It always goes to the range with me, and I'm a revolver man.

That's got me thinking while on the subject of holsters... I might like a "pocket holster" for one.

10. JockeyShifter

JockeyShifter New Member

Zoo Keeper is fetching a dummy gun to make me a nice holster for my 1903, ZK is the 1903 man!