Need help deciding

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by freeman101, Oct 10, 2010.

1. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

I have many Glock’s and one Sig P229 40 s&w. Can’t make up my mind between a new Glock 30sf or a Beretta PX4 Sub Compact 40S&W or 9mm 3’’ barrel.

Going to Adventure Outdoors on Thursday to buy one of the two.

What would you pick?

2. dam294

dam294 Active Member

3. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I have a glock 36 and it is nice, but have you considered a vector v51p ?

4. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

I have shot the 36. I want something that has ten or more rounds available!

5. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

I'm not partial to .40's so I would choose the G30sf. I have one and it's been perfect so far.

6. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Just because everyone needs a .308 pistol :screwy:

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I vote for the PX4, but I'm biased, since I don't like Glocks.

8. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I just put it out there. How about a cobray street sweeper in .45-70?

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If you're a collector, get whatever fills the gap in your collection.

If you have guns for serious work, it sounds like what you intend to buy is already similar to what you have now.

Get something different. Do you have a carbine? A long range rifle? A shotgun? A .22? How about a gun with a threaded barrel and a silencer?

10. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

What caliber glocks do you own? If you don't have a 9mm or a .45 I'd narrow my choice to the beretta in 9mm or the glock 30. People seem to want to consolidate to one caliber. I think this is a bad idea for a couple of reasons. More calibers can equal more interest and fun at the range. If walmart doesn't have the ammo in one caliber they might have it in another.

Do you really want another glock? They are cool and all, but they all look the same and to me are boring. I'd probably choose the beretta 9mm over the glock 30 just because you have so many glocks.

If you're going to modify it get the glock. Threaded barrels are cheap and easy to find for a glock. My glock 36 has a threaded barrel. As soon as my lawsuit is decided I'm going to get a suppressor for it.

11. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

Glock 23 and 27
    long rifles / yes
    M4-AR15 / yes
    Shot gun / yes
    Ruger 10/22

I am leaning more to the Beretta in 9mm.

Since the above were lost when my boat sunk a few weeks ago.

12. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

Get the beretta 9mm if you want cheap ammo. Get the Glock 30 if you want a bigger caliber. I'd get the glock 30. Get rid of one of the glock .40 pistols and get a 9mm.

13. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Not an option, but I would buy a GLOCK 33 (.357sig) and get a .40 barrel also...

Or you could get a .40 Xd and buy a 9mm conversion barrel, and a .357sig barrel too. Now that's options...

14. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

OK,
    I went with the Beretta PX4 9mm SC. I went to Adventure Outdoors. Walked in never been there before. They asked me to hand over my weapon. There was no way in $%$# I was going for that. I refused and left. Someone should have warned me. I went their because they had it on sale cash price 509.99 before tax.

I came back to Newnan and went to the AR Bunker where I have bought 10 guns from in the past two years. They had there’s for five thirty nine. I asked Lee if he would match the price, he did and beat it. I will just say I went in with five sixty cash and left with forty of it. I will never try and save a buck and shop nowhere else. They are awesome people at the AR Bunker. The gun is perfect!! Will be at the range tomorrow. Great thing to do to finish out my week on vacation.

15. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Looks fancy, congratulations!