need help about ga. law

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by bill1457, Nov 14, 2010.

1. bill1457

bill1457 New Member

hello i had a arrest in 1989 for controlled substance received first offender act which i completed and was never revoked but during probation i had a misdameaner arreast told probation officer about it he decided to let it go and not revoke my first offender before if u were convicted of controlled substance u could not purchase now the the law says after 5 years you can my record shows no felony but before with the second arrest in the the eyes of gbi they can revoke my first offender they say but i just purchased a hand gun on a delay but was approved im try to get permit to carry and was looking for help just confused about not being a felon and the eyes of gbi thinking different was turned down years ago on a purchase and now i was approved and what are my chances of getting my permit the recorrds come back and they told me their is a history and may take longer but i just purchased a gun dont make sense to me what does the second misdameaner areest have to do with anything if they never revoked my first offender i have a current us passport i have done a gbi felon background check im not on help please

2. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

No felony and depending on the substance you can still be able to purchase a firearm but be denied a carry license. Also you failed to mention what the second arrest was for and if there is or not a conviction on it. There are a lot of things that don't make sense. This is one of them.

3. bill1457

bill1457 New Member

had a fight i new york i hit a guy paid a fine

4. JMan

JMan New Member

drugs,and an assault record
    I doubt it my friend

5. seajay

I would also venture the assault would hold up your being able to get a GWL.

6. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Punctuation and grammar go a long way in being able to decipher your post.

7. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Really. He lost me after the first sentence. Oh wait, the whole thing was one sentence.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Where in GA law (or federal law) does it say that one misdemeanor drug offense and one misdemeanor assault offense keeps a person from ever getting a GWL?

I don't know if it is there, it may be there, but if it is there, please cite it.

Thanks

9. seajay

Doesn't have to be there. All it takes is for the Probate Judge to decide on moral grounds to deny.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Please cite. Thank you.

11. JMan

JMan New Member

ding dong

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

16-11-129
    https://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=129

13. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

It is? I couldn't fine a capital letter or a period.

Anyway, OP, your post reads as though you may have applied already. It doesn't matter what anyone on this board thinks your chances of getting a license are. If you get one, fine. If you don't, the denial should state the reasons, and you can take appropriate action at that time.

For example, hitting the shift key and the period keys, preferably not randomly, would be appropriate.

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Lighten up guys.

Not everyone is an English major or an accomplished typist.

Remember the scene in "Animal House" where they're deciding which pledges to accept and almost vote down Flounder? Then Boone gives an impassioned speech about acceptance and the majority recants. If they could accept Kent Dorfman, shouldn't we show the same tolerance?

WOW!

Do I sound superior this morning or what? You may worship me later...

I guess the important thing is he received a knowledgeable answer to his question from the Sledgehammer. Now, it's up to him and/or his attorney.

15. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Didn't mean to sound harsh, Mack, but that post sure was difficult to read. I don't get bent when people say "loose" instead of "lose" (which is common here), or misspell words, or have some grammar problems (I don't care at all about "in regards to"), but the fellow is going to have a difficult time in life if he can't start a sentence with a capital letter and end it with a period.

16. JMan

JMan New Member

Didn't you know that there are tons of people that are just learning how to use a computer.I read and have common sense to understand him maybe you're lacking something. :cantsay:

There are two types of smart

1. book smart
    2.common sense smart

some have both and some have neither just saying

17. RickN

RickN New Member

You don't have to be an English major to write "Hello." instead of "hello" I was taught capital letters and punctuation in 1st grade, so if a 5 year-old can master it...

Not trying to pick on the OP, but this is a pet peeve of mine with the Internet generation. I try to convince my sons that if they can't write a "readible" email using normal English (i needz a job r u hiring -- argggghhhhh!) then a lot of people will ignore whatever they're trying to say.

And get off my lawn! :)

18. JMan

JMan New Member

But I didn't know the OP was lurking for a JOB? :screwy:

And if you can't read his post due to capital letters than you sir have a problem :!:

19. RickN

RickN New Member

I didn't say anything about the OP looking for a job, I mentioned my kids writing legible emails so that people wouldn't dismiss them as uneducated. If this idea is :screwy: to you, well then I guess that says plenty.

And if you think the only problem with his post is capital letters then your problem far eclipses mine.

20. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

If he hit someone, it could be a felony battery charge. We're missing the relevant information to know his status.
    If indecipherable posting was a felony, the OP would be on death row. :D