Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i had a arrest in 1989 for controlled substance received first offender act which i completed and was never revoked but during probation i had a misdameaner arreast told probation officer about it he decided to let it go and not revoke my first offender before if u were convicted of controlled substance u could not purchase now the the law says after 5 years you can my record shows no felony but before with the second arrest in the the eyes of gbi they can revoke my first offender they say but i just purchased a hand gun on a delay but was approved im try to get permit to carry and was looking for help just confused about not being a felon and the eyes of gbi thinking different was turned down years ago on a purchase and now i was approved and what are my chances of getting my permit the recorrds come back and they told me their is a history and may take longer but i just purchased a gun dont make sense to me what does the second misdameaner areest have to do with anything if they never revoked my first offender i have a current us passport i have done a gbi felon background check im not on help please

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,006 Posts
No felony and depending on the substance you can still be able to purchase a firearm but be denied a carry license. Also you failed to mention what the second arrest was for and if there is or not a conviction on it. There are a lot of things that don't make sense. This is one of them.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
bill1457 said:
had a fight i new york i hit a guy paid a fine
drugs,and an assault record
I doubt it my friend

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,006 Posts
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend
I would also venture the assault would hold up your being able to get a GWL.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Punctuation and grammar go a long way in being able to decipher your post.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Really. He lost me after the first sentence. Oh wait, the whole thing was one sentence.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend
Where in GA law (or federal law) does it say that one misdemeanor drug offense and one misdemeanor assault offense keeps a person from ever getting a GWL?

I don't know if it is there, it may be there, but if it is there, please cite it.

Thanks

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,006 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend
Where in GA law (or federal law) does it say that one misdemeanor drug offense and one misdemeanor assault offense keeps a person from ever getting a GWL?

I don't know if it is there, it may be there, but if it is there, please cite it.

Thanks
Doesn't have to be there. All it takes is for the Probate Judge to decide on moral grounds to deny.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
seajay said:
GAGunOwner said:
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend

Thanks
Doesn't have to be there. All it takes is for the Probate Judge to decide on moral grounds to deny.
Please cite. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
seajay said:
GAGunOwner said:
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend

Thanks
ding dong

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
16-11-129
Not later than ten days after the judge of the probate court receives the report from the law enforcement agency concerning the suitability of the applicant for a license, the judge of the probate court shall issue such applicant a license or renewal license to carry any weapon unless facts establishing ineligibility have been reported or unless the judge determines such applicant has not met all the qualifications, is not of good moral character, or has failed to comply with any of the requirements contained in this Code section.
http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=129

·
Sledgehammer
4,765 Posts
jgullock said:
Really. He lost me after the first sentence. Oh wait, the whole thing was one sentence.
It is? I couldn't fine a capital letter or a period.

Anyway, OP, your post reads as though you may have applied already. It doesn't matter what anyone on this board thinks your chances of getting a license are. If you get one, fine. If you don't, the denial should state the reasons, and you can take appropriate action at that time.

For example, hitting the shift key and the period keys, preferably not randomly, would be appropriate.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Lighten up guys.

Not everyone is an English major or an accomplished typist.

Remember the scene in "Animal House" where they're deciding which pledges to accept and almost vote down Flounder? Then Boone gives an impassioned speech about acceptance and the majority recants. If they could accept Kent Dorfman, shouldn't we show the same tolerance?

WOW!

Do I sound superior this morning or what? You may worship me later...

I guess the important thing is he received a knowledgeable answer to his question from the Sledgehammer. Now, it's up to him and/or his attorney.

·
Sledgehammer
4,765 Posts
Macktee said:
Lighten up guys.

Didn't mean to sound harsh, Mack, but that post sure was difficult to read. I don't get bent when people say "loose" instead of "lose" (which is common here), or misspell words, or have some grammar problems (I don't care at all about "in regards to"), but the fellow is going to have a difficult time in life if he can't start a sentence with a capital letter and end it with a period.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
jrm said:
Macktee said:
Lighten up guys.

Didn't mean to sound harsh, Mack, but that post sure was difficult to read. I don't get bent when people say "loose" instead of "lose" (which is common here), or misspell words, or have some grammar problems (I don't care at all about "in regards to"), but the fellow is going to have a difficult time in life if he can't start a sentence with a capital letter and end it with a period.
Didn't you know that there are tons of people that are just learning how to use a computer.I read and have common sense to understand him maybe you're lacking something. :cantsay:

There are two types of smart

1. book smart
2.common sense smart

some have both and some have neither just saying

·
Registered
308 Posts
Macktee said:
You don't have to be an English major to write "Hello." instead of "hello" I was taught capital letters and punctuation in 1st grade, so if a 5 year-old can master it...

Not trying to pick on the OP, but this is a pet peeve of mine with the Internet generation. I try to convince my sons that if they can't write a "readible" email using normal English (i needz a job r u hiring -- argggghhhhh!) then a lot of people will ignore whatever they're trying to say.

And get off my lawn! :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
RickN said:
Macktee said:
You don't have to be an English major to write "Hello." instead of "hello" I was taught capital letters and punctuation in 1st grade, so if a 5 year-old can master it...

Not trying to pick on the OP, but this is a pet peeve of mine with the Internet generation. I try to convince my sons that if they can't write a "readible" email using normal English (i needz a job r u hiring -- argggghhhhh!) then a lot of people will ignore whatever they're trying to say.

But I didn't know the OP was lurking for a JOB? :screwy:

And if you can't read his post due to capital letters than you sir have a problem :!:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tech5 said:
RickN said:
Macktee said:

But I didn't know the OP was lurking for a JOB? :screwy:

And if you can't read his post due to capital letters than you sir have a problem :!:
I didn't say anything about the OP looking for a job, I mentioned my kids writing legible emails so that people wouldn't dismiss them as uneducated. If this idea is :screwy: to you, well then I guess that says plenty.

And if you think the only problem with his post is capital letters then your problem far eclipses mine.

·
Registered
670 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Tech5 said:
bill1457 said:
I doubt it my friend
If he hit someone, it could be a felony battery charge. We're missing the relevant information to know his status.
If indecipherable posting was a felony, the OP would be on death row. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts