Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some simple work done on a couple rifles but having a hard time finding one that can thread a barrel. Any suggestions with contact info would be great, thanks for any help

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
How far north of Atlanta? I use a smith in Dallas.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
Maybe Alpharetta, Johns Creek area, Cumming
id recomment Josh Mallet at Armistad Armory in alpharetta...former instructor at CST, trained 2 very competent gun smiths at 2 other stores...

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Maybe Alpharetta, Johns Creek area, Cumming
Give Andy Gazaway a call
Gazaway Machine & Tool

1025 Nine North Drive
Alpharetta
GA 30004-3966
Phone: (770) 576-0011

They do excellent work but are usually a bit swamped because of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rabbiv I will give him a call!Thanks Fall for your effort but I have used Andy before and he can't gunsmith his way out of a paper bag and I had to threaten to call police and start a small claims case just to get my guns back that he could not fix ( I fixed both myself a year later after looking up stuff snd some study) not to mention he lost the screws that came in on an old revolver. Do again thanks for going through the trouble of suggesting someone but I can never use Andy again ever

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've never had any luck with local gunsmiths, i've been to three different ones and don't know how anyone of them is still in business with the lack of communication and customer service. Most of them seem to have the personality of a brick. last barrel I needed threaded, I sent off to Adco and had back in about a week. This was after I had dropped it off at a gunsmith for about a month, when I took it in he had "oh **** more work to do" look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never thought of mailing out the barrels, I may try that. Do you mind me asking who you used?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Give Andy Gazaway a call
Gazaway Machine & Tool

1025 Nine North Drive
Alpharetta
GA 30004-3966
Phone: (770) 576-0011

They do excellent work but are usually a bit swamped because of that.
Is Gazaway still in business? I tried calling him a few times about a year ago and didn't get through. I drove by the shop and it was dark and couldn't see in. Maybe he had phone problems and maybe I happened to stop by when he was taking the day off, but I thought his shop was closed permanently. I assumed that.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.