Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son totaled his car a while back and the insurance finally paid off. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the lower the better, but sometimes you can't be too picky. We need something that we won't need to turn around and pour more into!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally drive a 96 Camry with 200,000 plus miles on it.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the reality is you will probably have to turn around and put more money into whatever you buy. You may be better off buying a 2k car with 1k to put into it.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
cant go wrong with a used tacoma....or a 4 cylinder ranger(s10's 4 cylinders have head gasket problems) 2000ish v6 stangs are solid the 3.8 has been around forever my dad had 500k on the 3.8 in his car...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
rmodel65 said:
cant go wrong with a used tacoma....or a 4 cylinder ranger(s10's 4 cylinders have head gasket problems) 2000ish v6 stangs are solid the 3.8 has been around forever my dad had 500k on the 3.8 in his car...
Wow. 500k? That is awesome. I've heard of some car companies buying back the car and offering any new car on the lot for even trade. I think I may have even heard of Ford doing that.

·
68,510 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
My son totaled his car a while back and the insurance finally paid off. Any help will be appreciated.
Sounds like you do not want to go into debt for a depreciating asset. That is simply un-American and weird.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Malum Prohibitum said:
Mafuta54 said:
Sounds like you do not want to go into debt for a depreciating asset. That is simply un-American and weird.
I resemble that!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm a big fan of Toyotas. With proper maintenance, they live forever

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
samman23 said:
rmodel65 said:
Wow. 500k? That is awesome. I've heard of some car companies buying back the car and offering any new car on the lot for even trade. I think I may have even heard of Ford doing that.
it would have gone more but he bought a newer car and stopped driving it when the drivers seat broke...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts