Need a 9mm SubGun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by NetAdminWithGun, Aug 30, 2007.

1. I am looking for a new gun, i want something that meets the following requirements:

Shoots 9mm
    Can take a trinity suppresor (or another suppresor that can fit a 92fs)
    Is a carbine or subgun (MP5,Hi-Point Carbine,etc.)
    Bigger then a mac or tec9

Any Ideas?

At first i was settled on a MP5, found out how much Real HK's are and decided to get a clone instead. Looked into the clones and now my MP5 dreams are gone. So i need to find something to replace it.

Also tried the Hi-Point carbine, not impressed.

Money isn't really an issue, so long as its not just silly expensive (HK94).

I heard of 9mm AR's that are really good, haven't looked much into it.
    Any ideas guys?

2. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

What is your price range?

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing it's 5-7k, considering what he's thrown out.

4. $200-$2500

Just depends on what it is, i'm going to look into the ones slabertooch posted.

5. I'm impressed with the function of the CX4 (love how it takes my 92FS mags) But its to freakin ugly, justl ooks like a long pistol. And i'm really trying to steer away from the AR 9mm because i'm probaly going to get a 2nd AR for CQB and dont want 3 AR's.

6. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Uzi in semi-auto. (or full auto if you have 5-6K laying around)

8. yea uzi had come to mind, how are they when suppressed?

keep the ideas coming.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I haven't fired a supressed one. Next year I want to add a semi-auto 9mm version to my collection. Either that or a 9mm AR.

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Ruger makes a carbine (PC-9) that take the same mags as thier p-series pistols.... Just a thought, don't really know much about this gun.

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I have had a chance to handle a CX4 at a gun show, but haven't had a chance to fire one yet. i think they are ugly too, but after handling one I have to admit that it feels comfortable, and is easy to handle. I am sure there are some replacement stocks out there, but that would pretty much make a whole new sub, as the stock is pretty much one piece.

It did seem very durable, and was lightweight. And if you were enterprising enough you could probably modify the stock to your liking.

12. tace

tace New Member

The CX4 Storm is on top of my drool/buy list as soon as the funds are available. I know a guy who has one and slowly he is building on to it. He has a nice sight, a front brace with a forward grip, etc.

I have seen a HK UMP .45 for sale recently for $1500. Daydreamed about it for a second before thinking I can buy 2 Storms for that price. Oh, and the plastic mags for the UMP .45 only hold 10 rounds, I think.

13. trying to stick to 9mm, already have to many different calibers in my home.

a UMP would be cool as crap though.

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I have a new favorite site now :bowdown:

15. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

The first time I saw it, it reminded me of the civilian HK UMP, very similar
    [​IMG]
    some examples of modifications
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

UZI - The best thing to come out of Israel since Jesus Christ. :uzi:

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

18. Dan H

Dan H New Member

+2

19. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

absolutely UZI

not only are parts and mags easy to find and cheap,

you can get uppers in many other calibers (22LR and 45 come to mind).

Suppressed even a full-auto UZI is still very quiet, with heavy grain subsonic ammo. I know this for a fact. :) :shock: :D