NE GA Smith 'smith?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by ar-trvlr, Oct 26, 2007.

1. ar-trvlr

ar-trvlr New Member

Any good Smith & Wesson revolver gunsmiths in NE Georgia? I'm in Athens, but don't mind driving a bit to find a good gunsmith for my M19. I need to see about getting the timing tightened up a bit - it's got a bit more play than I like....

Thanks!

2. ar-trvlr

ar-trvlr New Member

Anyone within a couple of hours?

3. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

There is a world class guy up in Madison County. His is very expensive and has a waiting list, but it will be jam up when you get it back. His name is Jim Stroh.

4. Rolan_Kraps

Rolan_Kraps New Member

There's a real good one in Gainesville. You just take 129 in.

His name is Neal Spruill, his business is "Hogleg Smith Gunsmithing". Call him at 770-503-7572.

Tell him that Rolan sent 'ya.

5. ar-trvlr

ar-trvlr New Member

I wound up taking my pistol out to Jim. Very nice guy. The prices didn't seem that expensive for what he'll be doing, but yes there does seem to be a wait - he said it would probably be 5 months before he's done.... Oh, well. It'll be worth it if it's done right.

Here's his website - www.alphaprecisioninc.com

6. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

What do you need done to it?

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Ugh. My 38/44 HD is getting stupid again with timing. I had it worked on almost 2 years ago (timing adjusted and a shim installed) and now it's not firing (striking the primer) about 1 out of 10 times DA. That's after only about 70 rounds through it since it was "fixed."

Come back to this thread when you get your M19 done and let us know how it went.