Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why alot of gun store owners don't want loaded guns in their stores.

From the Weatherford Democrat (newspaper)

"Sept. 12, 2007

Man accidentally shot in face
Danie M. Huffman

[email protected]

An accidental weapon discharge resulted in a man being hospitalized Tuesday morning.

The victim, ***** ********, 69, of Weatherford, was shot in the face with a 9mm handgun while visiting The Gun Store.

The victim was reportedly transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth by air ambulance.

The gun shop, located in the 4400 block of Tin Top Road, has been in business for several years. The store is currently closed with a gate and padlock.

Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said three people were involved in the shooting and investigators are working the case.

Fowler said apparently, two men came into the store with the handgun and as the trio were conversing, the gun discharged around 10 a.m.

“He is alive,†Fowler said Tuesday afternoon. “It was just a straight-up accidental shooting.â€

In a preliminary investigation, witnesses reported ******** entered the store with an friend and sat near a counter. They said another individual inside the store handed the handgun to the attendant for inspection. The employee told deputies he attempted to make sure the weapon was not loaded when it discharged, seriously wounding the man.

As of press time, ******** remained in critical condition in a JPS intensive care unit from a bullet wound which penetrated below his left eye.

A formal investigation is being conducted."

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Sounds like the guns store employee needs to be taught the four rules and the guy that carried it in needs to be taught not to surrender a loaded peice.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Adam5 said:
This is why alot of gun store owners don't want loaded guns in their stores.

From the Weatherford Democrat (newspaper)

"Sept. 12, 2007

Man accidentally shot in face
Danie M. Huffman

[email protected]

An accidental weapon discharge resulted in a man being hospitalized Tuesday morning.

The victim, ***** ********, 69, of Weatherford, was shot in the face with a 9mm handgun while visiting The Gun Store.

The victim was reportedly transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth by air ambulance.

The gun shop, located in the 4400 block of Tin Top Road, has been in business for several years. The store is currently closed with a gate and padlock.

Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said three people were involved in the shooting and investigators are working the case.

Fowler said apparently, two men came into the store with the handgun and as the trio were conversing, the gun discharged around 10 a.m.

“He is alive,†Fowler said Tuesday afternoon. “It was just a straight-up accidental shooting.â€

In a preliminary investigation, witnesses reported ******** entered the store with an friend and sat near a counter. They said another individual inside the store handed the handgun to the attendant for inspection. The employee told deputies he attempted to make sure the weapon was not loaded when it discharged, seriously wounding the man.

There it is, proof that guns will discharge on their own only when you are conversing with at least two others. Ahhhh another public gathering incident

As of press time, ******** remained in critical condition in a JPS intensive care unit from a bullet wound which penetrated below his left eye.

A formal investigation is being conducted."
So kiddies, what is the moral of this story??????

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I say there are too many details missing from this story to form an opinion.

I was always fortunate not to "be there" for the ND's at the gun shop I was working. IIRC there was two, both by the owner. Once he was checking the feeding of an open bolt Mac with live ammo. I can't remember the cause of the other.
However I was there for one at a Gun Show. Not fun.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tj2000 said:

If you accidentally shoot someone, quickly put a cleaned knife in their hand and claim self defense? 8)

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
tj2000 said:

Keep it in your pants!

·
Registered
754 Posts
So he has it pointing at the guys face when he's checking to see if its loaded? these are the F'n idiots that give gun owners bad names...first off you should never have to think "did i leave this loaded?" and keep the damn muzzle pointed at the ground when loading and unloadind!!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
luke0927 said:
So he has it pointing at the guys face when he's checking to see if its loaded? these are the F'n idiots that give gun owners bad names...first off you should never have to think "did i leave this loaded?" and keep the damn muzzle pointed at the ground when loading and unloadind!!!
My freakin' thoughts exactly. Both of them are morons.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Rammstein said:
tj2000 said:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
:exactly:

I keep reading posts saying never pass a hot weapon. While that should be avoided, unfortunately that is not always advisable or even possible. Thats why its not part of the four rules. John Farnam has some great comments on the passing of hot weapons. Of course he is a proponent of hot ranges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts