Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
Sine Nomen said:
State Law? I thought the prohibition for felon's possession was a federal issue...
The feds have a law, and the state has a law. They can both prosecute seperately.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
Stolen firearms in GA are a felony, it doesn't matter the value.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
CountryGun said:
A service-member, discharged dishonorably, loses his/her right to vote lifelong, regardless of the reason.
Don't the individual states determine what makes a person eligible or ineligible to vote? I don't think there is a federal law prohibiting these people from voting.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
CountryGun said:
May not salute the flag, may not vote, and many other restrictions apply. Just throwing that into the fray, and interested in responses.
If they aren't in the military anymore, how can they be charged for saluting the flag? Please cite the law.

I know that these people are prohibited from possessing firearms by federal law.

It is rather unfair to punish these people this harshly. After all, at least they did serve. That is more than most people.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
ookoshi said:
They also lose the right to vote, which is fundamental to keeping all those other rights you mentioned, so the actual effect runs much deeper.
There is not a blanket law saying that felons cannot vote. It varies greatly from state to state.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
At the very least non-violent felons that have completed their sentence, probation/parole, and reimbursement to the victims should have their 2nd amendment rights fully restored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.