NBC Tim Russert Is An Ignoramus

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3767.html

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

That's one that I am constantly explaining to people. When I tell them that it didn't ban the sale of an AR but banned new ARs with bayo lugs and collapsable stocks and limited new mag capacity while not making illegal true capactity mags they realize just how stupid the law was in the first place.

I know I probably missed a few things simply dealing with ARs. Those are just the items I used as examples, and don't take anything in my comments above to mean that I supported the ban as I did not.

3. Axeman

Axeman New Member

My first pistol was a S & W .40 cal pistol model 410, 4" inch barrell TDA gun. I still like it very much by the way.

Anyway this was during the AWB and of course the leagle mag was 10 rounds. Allthough I am not LEO the sales guys cut me an LEO price, ($370 including tax :) ), and he almost screwed up and gave me the LEO mags! :shock:

Before anyone jumps on him for making the mistake...

The LEO only mag was 11 rounds! :!:

So put another way if he didn't catch it and I wasn't paying attention and got checked out I would have been charged and probably convicted of buying an illeagle mag accoding to the Brady bunch. :x

1 stinkin' bullet would make me a felon, 1 toke over the line.
    :soapbox:

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

1 bullet...and that sucks, too...especially if you keep one in the chamber...there's the one bullet difference right there.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

No experience with the 410, but I own a 4006, a 5906TSW, and a 4013 (orlder single stack version which is on its way out the door to somebody else). I can run the xx06s much faster than I can run my Glocks. I'm a certified armorer on them, and they are a pain to work on, especially when compared to a G model.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I wonder why Richardson didn't stuff it up Russert's blow pipe and explain it like whomever wrote that article?

Perhaps, because he doesn't understand the differences any more than Russert?

I hope not, but what other reason can there be for him not explaining things and interjecting some actual knowledge into the interview?

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Although, I have to admit he did get one thing perfectly correct... The ban didn't work!

I saw an interview with one of California's interchangeable senators where someone showed her a "banned" weapon and a modified one that was acceptable according to her law. Other than the bayonet log (or the flash hider or some minor item like that), they were identical. She was outraged because the manufacurer was violating the spirit of the law.

I thought that was the big difference between laws and what's right. The law has no "spirit" that can be violated as opposed to a conscience, which does.....!

8. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Here is what she looks like:

[​IMG]

That single action pull after the first double, is so short and easy to pull, like butter. :shoot:

I did have to put a Hogue grip on it though, that made all the difference in the world on that puppy. She has become my retreat area backup in my house. :D

They are a pain to break down though.

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I love the trigger reset on the S&Ws. The 5906TSW is my fun gun, and I have changed out a few springs and have a super sweet trigger on it.