Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D.C. Council Member Phil Mendelson has scheduled a hearing that will focus on gun control and gun violence. The hearing will be held on March 21.

"This ruling is frightening in its scope," Mendelson said. "It has national implications with regard to gun control statutes across the county. It's the first time that a federal court has sad that the Second Amendment restricts or prohibits gun control."

Preliminary D.C. police statistics show that 267 gun-involved robberies and assaults were reported during the first six weeks of 2007, compared with 181 in the same period in 2006, Mendelson said.

"This situation will likely worsen if the court's decision is not overturned," he said. "Guns are too commonplace, already."

A spokeswoman for the district attorney general's office would not comment on the ruling.
Our side is winning the poll, 86% to 14%.

Wanna help?

http://www.nbc4.com/news/11213595/detail.html

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Done.

Should handguns be legal in D.C.?
Choice / Votes / Percentage of 6720 Votes
Yes 5806 86%
No 914 14%

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Tons of gun boards have voted on this particular poll. Check it out, something actually came of it, lol.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... shtml?s=lh

WASHINGTON -- "By astounding margins of seven to one, local media Internet snap polls demonstrate overwhelming public support for yesterday's federal court decision overturning as unconstitutional Washington DC's ban on private handgun possession," John M. Snyder, Public Affairs Director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, noted here today.

:whistle:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
DONE,

Did my voting ;)

I also liked the quote placed in one of the responses written.
Thomas Jefferson: "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"

Couldnt have said it better!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
My goodness, I have been reading the comments and have yet to come upon one supporting the ban! It's about time Americans come out and speak up. Hopefully the people elected will start listening as they are the ones in trouble if they dont!

Glad to see Americans are still around!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Done :D

As of 2:53pm

Should handguns be legal in D.C.?
Choice Votes Percentage of 6765 Votes
Yes 5851 86%
No 914 14%

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just voted.

Yes 5855 86%
No 914 14%

·
Registered
251 Posts
Done! :righton:

Yes 5861 87%
No 914 13%

It's getting better.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My guess is that some of the mindless are thinking that the people who are committing crimes with guns are actually worried about committing a crime???? My question to them is how is a ban on guns going to reduce the number that are used in crimes? .... Thought for the day ... maybe they should require all merchants to have loaded handguns redily available for themselves and their employee's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts