Navy to Modify Barracks Complex That Resembles a Swastika Fr

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Mafuta54, Sep 27, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

#-o

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Oh my gosh...it really does look like a swastika. I thought it would "resemble" one in some way, but its unmistakable.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That was not a mistake.

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I'm reluctant to believe that was done intentionally. Perhaps someone in the architectural office looked at and said... 'You know, it sort of looks like a swastika. Ok, whatever.'... I would argue that nobody really cared about these things back then.

6. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

I'm agree.

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

This was no mistake. The blueprints were clear on this one.

8. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the designer did it on a lark and was too scared to say anything when the design was approved. Artistic types have a strange sense of humor.

9. M249

M249 New Member

OK, we have barracks in the shape of a swastika because someone hustled the Navy and pulled something over someone's eyes. Why the hell do we have to spend $600,000 to "fix" it? It was used as a symbol of the sun by Native Americans and a lot of other folks.

Until 1933, the 45th Infantry Division used a swastika on its shoulder insignia.

The old and replacement patches
    [​IMG]

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No, the time traveling aliens came up with that and the native americans copied it from them and then Hitler copied it just like he did for all his other ideas. :foilhat:

11. merlock

merlock Active Member

And, like the Stars and Bars, was perverted into meaning something else entirely.