National Arms Show in Atlanta... Any experience?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by PX, Nov 7, 2010.

1. PX

PX New Member

Help,

My friend and I are considering driving up to Atlanta for the Dec 4/5 National Arms Show at the Atlanta Expo Center.

We hate to drive 4hrs ea. way if the show isn't too good, so if anyone has attended this event in the past and would be kind enough to share his/her experiences at a previous Nat'l Arms Show at the Expo in Atlanta it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Jesse

P.S. If this is not the correct sub-forum for this topic the moderators are welcome to move it, with my apologies.

2. livesounder

livesounder New Member

I (and many others here) have been to numerous shows there, often as part of volunteering for GCO.

It is probably the largest show held in Atlanta metro, in terms of vendors, square footage and attendees (though I have no data to back that up). There is generally a large variety of items, both new and used. It's $12 to get in the door, though that's good for both days. You won't necessarily find any screaming deals, or for that matter, lower prices than what could be found with some diligent shopping elsewhere. Come for the variety and the opportunity to shop numerous vendors in one place. Do not come if your only motivation is price.

3. PX

PX New Member

ls:

Thank you for your input..

The ONLY reason I would be attending "any" gun show right now is that I have developed a renewed interest in 22 rifles for plinking, primarily only the Marlin 39A, and the Browning SA22, and both of these models seem sorta rare here in S.E. Ga.

I did see two 39A's at the recent gun show in Savannah, (I bought one of them), and to my memory saw zero SA22's. But from what several dealer/vendors said the crowds were way down from previous years.

I was hoping a larger gun show might offer the potential for having more examples of these two particular model's on the floor for sale.

I know there is never a guarantee as to what, or what will not, be available at any gun show, (unless you want a Glock or Assault rifle, no problem finding one of those), but it would seem bigger shows offer better opportunity to find what I have an interest in.

Weird...

I got my first 22 rifle for my 12th birthday, and here I find myself almost 56 years later, looking for another one... :screwy:

Thank's :righton:

Best Wishes,

Jesse

4. MWAG

MWAG Active Member

i was at the NA show in march 2010. wasn't really firearm shopping but i did find some good deals on peripherals. IIRC, an assault vest, fal mags, 20rnd ak mags (nice!), reloading dies, CLP, army surplus and more was added to my toy box.

at an NA show in 2009, i was able to "aquire" a 5 shot revolver, in a very large caliber, that'll kill anything walking on this continent..............for about two-thirds the cost of a new one..............in a private sale.

personally, i like the NA show and the big eastman show in gwinnett. i have spent lots of $ on firearms (new and used) and peripherals at both of these shows.

bottom line for me is, unless you're sure it's too good of a deal to walk away from and especially at a show this size, you gotta look at everything. i've seen prices on new firearms vary as much as $120, depending on the dealer...........................

FWIW, there's always a lot of guns there.............

5. PX

PX New Member

Thanks! :righton:

Jesse

6. maggie

maggie New Member

So wait, now you want ALL the 39A's too, like all the p7, Scamps, CS's , and whatever else I may forgot about. L O L.
    There were two at the Conyers show. $ 375 & $ 850 I I R C. Pm also.....

7. PX

PX New Member

Hi maggie,

You wouldn't begrudge an old senior citizen the opportunity to "revisit" his childhood, would you?

As I mentioned earlier my first gun (@12) was a 22 cal rifle, and if I play my cards right (or wrong), perhaps another 22cal. rifle will be my LAST gun? :screwy:

Hey, at my age, you've gotta find amusement where you can find it. :mrgreen:

I would suggest that anyone looking for a very, very accurate 22cal. rifle for casual target plinking, or putting tree rats, or Bugs Bunny kin on the table, would be well served with the Marlin 39A.

I kept reading on the various firearm forums what a great rifle the 39A was, so bought the one pictured just to see for myself.

It's good enough I want more, if that tells you anything. :D

Billy (on the Seecamp forum) read my posts there and bought one and now he's a big 39A fan too..

Getcha one maggie, see for yourself.

You can never have too many guns......... :oldtimer:

Best Wishes,

Jesse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Like was said earlier, the Atlanta Expo is probably the largest show in the Atlanta area.

I like to volunteer to help GCO at this one due to the size of it.

I get there about an hour early and wander around then go do my recruiting time and then wander around after for a little bit. I don't know if what you are looking for would be there, but I do always remember a huge numbers of rifles for sale at that one.

9. PX

PX New Member

Hi Sub:

It would seem logical that a gun show in Atlanta is going to offer more potential for finding almost "anything", than smaller shows so I'd like to attend the Nat'lArmsShow there on the 4/5 of Dec if my Buddy is willing.

Of course looking for two specific guns, neither of which are usually seen in large numbers, will be a crap shoot, no matter what shows I attend.

There were only two Marlin "Original Golden" 39A's at the Savannah show recently.. One was new (and the price reflected that), and the other (I bought) was a very nice specimen mfg in 1996..

I'm in no hurry, as my play money is limited, and I need to get a good idea of what is available, and how the prices run before I commit to buy.

But, on the other hand, time spent wandering around gun shows, no matter how large, or where it might be, is never time wasted.. :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,

Jesse