Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ITSec Guy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning, all!

Want to gauge some interest on a project I am working on. In the next few weeks, I am going to be launching "Nation Armed". To start it will just be an email list with the charter of providing high-quality firearms and defense-related content and training. The emails would be sent daily and would include a rotating mix of original content, training recommendations and product reviews. Once I get this rolling I will continue with the development of the website, etc, but for now email will be the delivery method.

I know that every gets plenty of emails already, but I really want to focus on providing valuable content that every would look forward to opening each day! :p

With that said just wanted to gauge some interest, or grab any tips/tricks for anyone that has done something like this in the past.

Thanks!

Greg

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Tips from me-- do not put me on your list please and post it all somewhere I can click to and read it. Make sure it still comes through with AdBlock and Ghostery killing the ads and cookies.

Nemo

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,619 Posts
I think you'll find that you'll have better success making it a daily blog rather than an email list. Those were the way to go ten or fifteen years ago - now, they're viewed as nothing more than a method for harvesting emails for future spamming. (I'm not saying that's what you're doing, just that that's the perception of email lists.)

Go with a blog - you'll get wider exposure and better response. Also, it is much easier for people to share your content on social media. Emails just don't translate that well to social media.

·
ITSec Guy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do Nemo and there will be an archive to read as well. The list will opt in only so I will never add anyone from my end. Thanks!

·
ITSec Guy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense jsaund22, I appreciate it! I am planning to create a blog as well so I may switch that to the primary focus.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i'd recommend you also do an RSS format in conjunction. it accomplishes the same thing you're trying to do without the email hassle to some folks, and shouldn't be too difficult to copy from your email. you might get more readership that way.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,240 Posts
Yeah, I'm not joining an e-mail list of gun owners. I won't even let the NRA have my e-mail.
I would not let GCO have my e-mail for a long time, until I decided to volunteer to do recruiting at gun shows and stuff.
I like my privacy and will never do business with an entity that spams or allows its e-mail to be used by spammers and marketers. I don't care if it's "in partnership with" the gun group, either. It's still SPAM to me.

·
ITSec Guy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'd recommend you also do an RSS format in conjunction. it accomplishes the same thing you're trying to do without the email hassle to some folks, and shouldn't be too difficult to copy from your email. you might get more readership that way.
Good thought thanks!!

·
ITSec Guy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm not joining an e-mail list of gun owners. I won't even let the NRA have my e-mail.
I would not let GCO have my e-mail for a long time, until I decided to volunteer to do recruiting at gun shows and stuff.
I like my privacy and will never do business with an entity that spams or allows its e-mail to be used by spammers and marketers. I don't care if it's "in partnership with" the gun group, either. It's still SPAM to me.
I understand, I think a lot of people are going to feel that way. Hopefully after while I can start to build a trustworthy brand, but I completely understand that some will never be comfortable giving out their email. Appreciate the feedback!

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
If you ever see any articles you like at my blog (link below), feel free to include links to them in your content.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts