Nathan Deal Wins

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by psrumors, Oct 14, 2010.

1. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Screen shot of the AJC from today

Kind of strange don't ya think?

[​IMG]

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Dang he didn't get 50% of the vote, now we'll have several more weeks of ads.

3. Bendrr

Bendrr Active Member

I don't like either of them. I'm writing in Cobra Commander as a protest vote.

4. higabyte

higabyte New Member

I like how it says: "TEST RESULTS ONLY - NOT FOR BROADCAST OR PUBLICATION"

5. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

R for Roy Barns? Did I miss something?

6. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

There are more then two on the ballot :mrgreen:

7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

The R there stands for runoff.

8. AEKDB

AEKDB New Member

I sure hope Monds gets 15% of the vote. That will cause a stir in the Republican party. Not as much as the Tea Party but the message is the same. It is the Republican party that abandoned us.

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

If Monds gets 20% of the vote Libertarians will get statewide ballot access. That would be pretty amazing. I'll definitely take 15%, though.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Monds will be lucky to get 3%.

11. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. EJR914

If Deal wasn't such a crook, and Barne's first governorship wasn't such a failure, I would say you'd be right. This election is a little different than most and past elections because both Deal and Barnes are fairly undesirable, and also people are tired of career politicians and the addition of the Tea Party as well.

I think he will get above 3%. I don't know how much over that he will get, but I think he will get more than past 3rd party candidates.

I don't have any illusions of Monds winning because people tend to want to vote for the winning team instead of voting on principle.

13. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Monds will have my vote, if I can stomach going to the polls this year. :cry: How did we start out with so many good candidates, and narrow it down to one decent candidate, and a cesspool?

14. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

If I write in my own name, will I get arrested?

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

If Monds has a surprise BIG night, Barnes will be our governor again. :?

16. EJR914

Ohh no! Ohh my goodness! I see the light! I see the light! That's it, I'm changing my vote to Deal, there is just no way I could ever live with myself if Barnes became our governor, again! AHHHHH! :panic:

If that did happen, maybe the Republican party would wake the hell up and get with the program here in Georgia and on the national level. I will never in my life, ever vote for scum like Nathan Deal. The Republican Party has certainly lost its way, they will have to do some serious changing before they ever get my vote again.

Goodness, you sounded just like my mother, tonight we had a discussion and she said the exact same thing to me. I kid you not she said the exact same thing to me tonight. Then my father went on to tell me that FDR was such a loved president, and how great and amazing Social Security was. I kid you not. And he's one of the most die-hard Republican voters I have ever met in my life and he despises Democrats. I mean really despises Democrats. He and my mom will continue to support Republicans and vote for them RIGHT OFF THE CLIFF! They really truly do not care that Bush signed the Patriot Act. They don't care that Bush started the first bailouts. They actually think that government involvement in our businesses and our personal lives is a great thing. They have been so brainwashed, they have been told that FDR, Woodrow Wilson, and Social Security and Medicare are the most amazing things for so long they fully believe it with all their hearts and cannot be swayed, and I must be crazy to think that we don't need those things in this country.

I apologize for the rant. It just seemed to fit.

Excuse me if I vote for Monds, and Barnes becomes governor (which I don't believe will happen), but I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils and vote against my principles when I have a PERFECTLY good candidate right there on the ballot. I actually have a choice this time, besides the literal NO CHOICE of the two-party system. They system is broken. Maybe it will actually shock the Republican Party to take a long hard look at itself and the corrupt politicians that it keeps putting into office, and just maybe they will go back to their founding principles. I won't hold my breath, though. It takes radical thinking to think that maybe we should stop looking at party and actually start voting on principle. I'd be happy if we did away with the two political parties forever. I'd be happy if when you went to go vote it just had two or three names, no (R) or (D) beside any names. Then everyone would actually have to do a tiny bit of research to know the candidates name before blindly voting because they see an R or D beside someone's name. Especially, the welfare types. Goodness, they see Democrat, they press it, whatever it takes to make the nipple just a little bit bigger and wider so they can get a little bit more milk from mama government.

The two-party system should be as close as they can be to one another, so that ever 4 years, you can vote in the other party, and there will not be any large change in policy. Sound familiar?

Look at the two-parties, what they say is often vastly different, but look at what they actually do, look at the legislation, look at how they vote, do the every really ever undo what the other party did? Maybe they just keep the status quo, and talk a big game, much like two WWE wrestlers going at it and talking smack before the match. Our government is very much like that, and just as fake. After the cameras turn off, they shake hands, put on big smiles, laugh, and go play golf or have a beer together. You do realize its all just rhetoric, almost nothing they say has any real meaning to it at all.

The two-party system is really just one big party. The Big Government party. The One Party destroys our economy with spending. One taxes more to pay the spending, one borrows more to pay the spending. The One Party takes control of everything. One takes control of more businesses and banks, the other take control of our personal privacy.

Its all just one big wrasslin' match, and there you are in the crowd, an avid fan of Hulk Hogan, believing all the fighting is real.

The fighting is just there to keep us divided. The fighting is there to make us believe that one party is really better than the other. The fighting is there to make us think that when we actually cast that R or D vote, we actually have a choice. Our vote actually makes a difference.

Well on Nov. 2nd, my vote is really going to make a difference. I'm not so sure about the one that you choose.

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies." Carroll Quigley  (Bill Clinton's mentor)

17. Owl

Owl New Member

John Monds. Just another in a long list of names soon to be forgotten.

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The "republicans" that picked Deal were the voters of our state in the primary. Or is there some conspiracy going on where the primary votes don't really count?

19. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

???

20. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

A name must be known before it can be forgotten.