Nascar Fans?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

What do the other Nascar fans on here think? I think that Hendicks will be a MAJOR force to be reckoned withe next year, even more so than this year. Dale JR has always said the he can win the championship if given a championship car.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, that's crazy. I heard about that earlier. What? No Bud? :evil:

3. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Ok, I don't like Jeff Gordon or "Jimmie Gordon." I don't want to see Jr. go to Hendricks. I'd rather see him go to a struggling team and bring home the cup for them. I'm just an underdog kind of guy, I guess.

Oh yeah, Go #9!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I really don't have a favorite driver believe it or not. This is the first season I did Fantasy Auto Racing. So, I have 4 favorite drivers and they're usually different every week. :lol:

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

There is no way an underdog team can bring home the cup in this day and age. The only three teams with the potential to win a championship are Hendrick, Gibbs, and Roush. Childress is getting back to championship caliber but they are still a couple of years off before Harvick puts together a solid run at the cup.

Here is why Jr. went with Hendrick. You will see that it was actually the process of elimination that brought him there.

1. Gibbs Racing-Tony Stewart and Jr have a great on and off the track relationship. They would have made great teamates but Coach Gibbs is a born again Christian and will not have Budweiser sponsering any of his cars. Also this is Gibbs last contract year with Chevy. It is reported through the grapevine that Toyota is courting him heavily. There is no way that Gibbs will let Jr drive for Bud and there is no way Jr will race for Toyota. So Gibbs is out of the running.

2. Childress Racing-Believe it or not Richard Childress did not court Jr. very much. Childress is also in bed so to speak with DEI with Childress Engines going into some of the DEI cars. Not the best buisness move for him with ties to DEI. Plus Childress is where Sr. won 6 of his 7 championships. Jr. wants to try to escape from his father's shadow. The whole world wants to see him drive the 3 car but it ain't going to happen. Childress is out of the running.

3. Ginn Racing-This is the underdog team that doesn't have a prayer.

4. Roush-From what I heard Roush already has his team in place for next year and didn't have room for Jr. since five car teams are not allowed. Also I think that the Earnhardt name is now synomious with Chevrolet and Jr. is not going to race a Ford. (Yes I know that Sr. drove Fords in the early 80's with Bud Moore's team. I have a copy of his 1983 win at Talladega in a Ford Thunderbird!)

5. Hendrick-Through the process of elimination Hendrick is the only real Championship caliber team left. I have heard it through the grapevine that Kyle Busch is not especially liked by Jimmie, Jeff, or Rick Hendrick. I read that he has asked to be let out of his contract. There is Jr.'s ride for next year. Now all of the so called real Earnhardt fans are up in arms that he is going to be racing with Jeff Gordon. First off, Gordon is an awesome race car driver. I have always respected his ability and I am hardcore Earnhardt. However no real rivalry exsted between Sr. and Gordon. They respected each other and had a good relationship. Gordon began to dominate as Sr. while competive was begining the twilight of his career. The rivalry was cooked up by the fans of these two great drivers. If you want a history lesson on a real NASCAR rivalry then go read about Earnhardt Sr. vs. Darrell Waltrip. Those two became friends later in life but they did not like each other back in the 1980's. Earnhardt Sr. once kamikazed Waltrip at Richmond just to keep him from winning the race at the cost of destroying his car in the process!!!!! After all of my rambling I guess I can come out of the closet now and root for Jeff Gordon as Jr.'s teamate. I will continue to hate Jimmie Johnson though. Just can't like him.

I just hope this whole thing doesn't backfire in Jr.'s face. Maybe he can win at least one championship so folks might get off of his back. Realistically he will never win 7 like Sr. did....but one will help validate his career and will put him in the upper eschleon of NASCAR drivers.

6. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Look! They're making a left turn!

Oh, look! Another left turn!

And another!

ANOTHER!

Wait... they're back where they started. Still making left turns.

*channel change*

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:roll:

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

NASCAR lives...........

I think JR will do just as well and the other Hendrick guys. Glad to see Busch boy get the ax.

I pretty much run for all my Dodge guys. Evernham is my team, however we have a bunch of **** to figure out with the new car. But between Elliott and Kasey, oh yeah and Scott we should be cool. Evernham did make Jeff a winning team.

9. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Used to say the same thing... until I went to a race, that is an experience.

Same thing with offshore boat racing, I was in Gulf Port a few months ago and went to watch the races in the bay, WOW that was fun. We went out on a public pier and the boats were going past us at about 120mph, and about 20ft away from us.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

:evil: :x :censored: :shakehead: :soapbox:

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I think that he'll be a good fit there and win a championship. When he first announced that he was leaving DEI, I was hoping that JR Morotsports would step up to Cup racing, but have since changed my mind. As an owner/driver you can't be competitive and his pockets aren't deep enough to field the qualilty of euipment that he woul dneed for a championship.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Another thought

Where do you think Busch is going to go? He's going to want a high profile team and as of now only one high profile team has an opening.........

13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Re: Another thought

I have heard that he is going to be in the 8 car at DEI.........

As much as I don't like Kyle, he and Martin Truex Jr. will keep DEI afloat.

As far as Jr's announcement it is official. He will be driving for Hendrick next year. I just watched the press conference.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I never understood nascar either.

15. AV8R

AV8R Banned

It's so much more than turning left all day. If you don't get it, then I'm sure the rest of us don't really give a $h|t.

16. merlock

merlock New Member

+1
    Dammit, I changed the channel too soon. :twisted:

17. Dan H

Dan H New Member

F1 for teh win!