Nailguns should be registered or outlawed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by tj2000, Apr 13, 2007.

1. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

I saw this on CNN (Communist News Network) this morning and thought it would start a good discusion of hummor or irony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Take a nation of do-it-yourselfers, add a ready supply of cheap nailguns and what do you get? About 37,000 nailgun injuries a year, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Since 1991, nailgun injuries have risen about 200 percent, the CDC said in its weekly report on death and disease.

"This increase likely corresponds to an increase in availability during the 1990s of inexpensive pneumatic nail guns and air compressors (to power the nail guns) in home hardware stores; however, no sales data are available for confirmation," the CDC reported.

But when the CDC looked at who was getting injured, it became clear that the number of work-related nailgun injuries had stayed stable since 1998. It was consumer-related injuries that had soared.

"During the 5-year period 2001-2005, an average of approximately 37,000 patients with injuries related to nail-gun use were treated annually in emergency departments, with 40 percent of injuries occurring among consumers," the report read.

Emergency departments treated three times as many consumers with nail-gun injuries in 2005 as they did in 1991, the report noted.

The CDC said more needs to be done to make consumers aware of the dangers.

2. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

More aware of the dangers?? Its a nail gun, it shoots sharp pointed metal objects, if you can't figure this out on your own that this could be painful you need to be beaten with a stick.

Wouldn't suprise me if they started forcing the use of very large stickers "explaining" the dangers. In mexican and english of course.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Some places (I'm pretty sure Mass. is one), require a license to operate them. They may also require registration, background checks and a three day waiting period...

Our "nanny" politicians are determined to make the entire world idiot-proof, which isn't possible as idiots can be really inventive at times. I wish I could post pictures here as I have several demonstrating just how inventive some of them have been! Scary pictures of people doing stupid stuff.

I feel considerably safer on a gun range than at work or in traffic!

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

no matter how idiot proof things try to become, the dumb become more dumb!

I say make them learn more, thats how things used to be and peple were able to come up with very "common sense" approaches.

I keep thinking of my buddies dad that worked at Cape Canaveral for NASA. He was the old school guys that could make a garbage can fly.

He always said the new guys coming in had no commen sense engineering. Just an example of the government trying to make things easier, and actually making people just more stupid!

5. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

instead of registering nail guns lets drown stupid people

heres your sign....

6. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Hey, the gene pool needs a little chlorine in it now and then to clean it up.

7. Dadx4

Dadx4 New Member

Hey, wait a minute......

If we could "idiot proof" the world (i.e. eliminate all the idiots), wouldn't that do away with Congress???

Not a bad idea....... :lol:

8. dbaker

dbaker New Member

What about concealing a nail gun? Does it have to be in a holster??

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Picture With Article

I read something about the CDC and nailguns this morning, on some internet news source. There was a photo of somebody aiming a nail gun at what looked like a plate glass window with security bars behind it, i.e. a closed business.

Now, do you think it's a bad idea to try to nail through 1/4" tempered glass?

Still, why is CDC involved in this at all? Nailing your feet to the floor is not a "disease!"

10. maddog

maddog New Member

Hmm the thought of the blind leading the blind comes to mind, how can an idiot make something idiot proof?

11. merlock

merlock New Member

Nailguns MUST be banned!

Think of The Children!!!!

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Finally!

Someone understands the real problem...

protecting the children from rogue nailgunners. YES!!!!!!

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Can we ban the children? I want to protect my guns from those dangerous children.

14. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I second that motion!