N. O. thugs causing havoc in Atlanta

Discussion in 'In the News' started by albundy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

At least they're putting the blame where it belongs; on the criminals.

2. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I'm willing to bet a sawbuck that doesn't last long.

3. tace

tace New Member

Yeah, I had neighbours who were victimized to the tune of $7000. They did all the leg work themselves to find proof as to who the criminal was and handed it to APD. Guess what? The guy was walking out of a "friend's" house in the subdivision getting into his luxury car just today. They never arrested him nor charged him with anything.

The blame is at least partially with APD and Fulton County Sheriff.

4. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

Looks like Fenty's goons in N.O. did not get some of these guns. They were too busy taking them from homes of law-abiding people after the hurricane. It hurts us all when these guys do not get the full weight of the law. It is not even the firepower they had, it is that they had the habit of using them on other people. At least the blame lies exactly where it should.

5. Axeman

Axeman New Member

He obviously doesn't know some of the folks on this board. :wink:

I wonder if these really were fully "Automatic" AKs. You know how the media loves to say "automatic" when it is really semi-automatic. :puke:

6. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I guess since these guys are new in town, someone needs to let them know about the public gathering law in GA. :roll:

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That only applies to people with GFLs, not scum like these thugs...!

Whadda ya wanna bet they don't even get charged with violating the public gathering law? Or any other GA gun law?

:twisted:

8. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

I have neighbors who are "refugees" from New Orleans. They've been there three weeks, and already the yard is trashed. The police have already been called out over noise complaints, which frequently involve profanity-laden, screaming arguments between parents and children that spill out into the front yard.

They, of course, have not been invited to join our neighborhood watch. We've all been watching that house very closely.

9. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Uhhhhhhhh didn't Pennington come from NO?

10. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Those MFer's make me sick :evil: The F'ed up thing about it is they will probably be back on the streets in a few years. Anything short of a the death penalty in a guilty verdict for murder will be unacceptable. :rant:

11. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I busted a couple of displaced Nawlins folk for burglary right after Katrina. They both had LONG sheets. One of them has since been arrested on a murder charge by another agency, but I don't know if it has gone to trial or not.

12. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Is there a "3 strikes" law or something similar here in GA? You know, after 3 convictions, you're out for good? :jail:

Edit: Of course, this could work even better if their prior convictions were counted and they went straight to jail as soon as they crossed the GA state line. But then again, why should we foot the bill to house these guys here and feed them 3 square meals a day in the jails here with our taxes?

13. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

14. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

What the hell is that about?????

15. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

+1000 to the above.

16. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Apparantly, they are refugees from NOLA. There is a group of about 3-4 of these guys who, for a period of serveral months showed up at the Houston city council public comment period to seek redress of grievances from the government. I don't know if they are all serious or if they suffer from some sort of mental imbalance. My wife, a therapist, tells me this is not necessarily uncommon.

The point I'm making is that if we had gotten these guys instead of the others... annoying as it is, we'd be better off.

The helicopter dude is from Charolette, NC... I threw him in just for fun.

17. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Those are some crazy sons of guns.

18. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Bad Guys' Firepower

I'm concerned that these Katrina refugees traveled in a gang or pack, and carried with them heavy weapons such as AK-47 clones (even the semi-only version) and had body armor. What's a regular armed citizen to do if we cross paths with these guys, and we're alone (or worse, with our families, with no other armed adult on our side), and all we're packing is our normal concealed-carry pistol, and facing us are 4 hardcore killers with assault weapons and body armor?

Well, if you KNEW what they had, you could keep your weapon concealed and retreat, or try to talk your way out of it. But what if you pulled your weapon on what you thought was one troublemaker with a pistol, when all of a sudden all the doors on that one bad guy's car spring open and 3 more thugs step out, armed to the teeth?

Not good.