My Zookeeper project . . .

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Teeter, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

A little while back, I asked Zookeeper if he could re-create my favorite holster with a new twist - pull-the-dot snap belt loops instead of standard belt slots.

Here's the result of his using my Matt Del Fatti LP-HTL holster and magazine carrier as a pattern and building my new custom carry rig . . . .

Original holster and magazine carrier used for the starting point:

[​IMG]

Del Fatti LP-HTL:

[​IMG]

Del Fatti holster and carrier with H-K P7M8 and spare magazine

[​IMG]

A fantastic carry combination, with only one flaw for me: I get in-and-out of my car all the time, and I wanted to be able to take the gun and mag off and put it back on without constantly re-threading everything through my belt.

Here's the solution, as implemented by Zookeeper - New holster and magazine carrier, with wrap-around loops and pull-the-dot snaps.

[​IMG]

New holster:

[​IMG]

New carrier:

[​IMG]

Zookeeper holster and carrier with H-K P7M8 and spare magazine:

[​IMG]

I wore it around all day today for the first time. Everything is solid and tight, nothing shifts, the snaps lock up tight, retention on the magazine and holster are great - critically important in an open-top holster with no strap.

This is an outstanding piece of work, especially when compared side-by-side to what I consider the Rolls-Royce of holsters - Del Fatti. I can, and will, unhesitatingly recommend Chuck's work to anyone considering a quality holster - my expectations for this project have been not only met, but far exceeded.

If you want a Zookeeper holster, I suggest you order it now . . . before he gets a two-year backlog like Del Fatti!

Teeter

2. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Nice holster ya got there Teeter... Yup... definitely another BEEEEEE0ooooootiful Zookeeper
    made piece of art....

and I have already put in my order... I can't wait to see this one... should be sweet :)

3. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Very nice work by zookeeper once again!

4. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

That is a fancy outfit. Nothing says classy like a P7 wearing custom leather. I would be proud to wear that combo.

5. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

6. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

great pictures! thanks :D

7. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

The way this is going....

The next GCO convention is gonna look like a Zookeeper-fest....
    not that it's a bad thing.... but then I won't have an exclusive :shock:

Ah well... Gooooooooooooooooo Chuck !!

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I need to get with Zookeper about a second holster for me. I love the one he made for my CZ.

I want to get a close fitting OWB to carry my J-Frame at about 4:00. Kinda like a detective on a '70s cop show.

9. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Pardon me as I sit here with this look on my face and drool a little. [​IMG]

10. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

wow man awesome work!

11. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

I knew it!!! Looking at my first holster that came from zookeper, I was thinking "man....this looks like $300 holster." I got to see a "real" Milt Spark's Axiom recently and compare it to my Axiom-clone from zookeper. I do believe mine is better built with sweat-guard. (way I wanted it. Real Axiom holsters do not have sweat-guard) All for reasonable price with two week turn-around time.

12. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

I wore it all day yesterday at the Chastain Park Arts Festival, and I'll have it on all day today (come see us at booth #89!). Tight solid fit, comfortable, easy off-and-on for those trips to the porta-pottys at the show (don't want to accidentally drop the H-K into you-know-where . . .).

BTW, it's quite refreshing to be able to now legally carry at a venue like this - no Atlanta Park ordinance banning possession of firearms; no Public Gathering clause.
    Ed/John/Kelly/Mike/Dean/James/Matt and all the other GeorgiaCarry.org visionaries - my sincere Thank You!!