Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I say finally, but it was over a month ago when she found out that she likes the feel of the Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm. We were at the range and she wanted to rent one and I suppose it was love at first trigger pull. So after we got our tax return, she got her one of the essentials kits.

We took it to the range tonight and put 90 rounds through it. I realized that she could easily waste a zombie at 7 yards. When we got back home I helped her field strip it and clean it.

Not sure if she'll decide to start carrying or not, but now she enjoys shooting, and that's what matters!

One possible downside (a very positive one though) is that now it'll increase ammo costs, so I guess I'm glad I decided against getting myself a gun as well and I'm going to get a basic reload setup (been saying it for a while, but now the money is for sure there).

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Confederate Tyrant said:
Well, I say finally, but it was over a month ago when she found out that she likes the feel of the Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm. We were at the range and she wanted to rent one and I suppose it was love at first trigger pull. So after we got our tax return, she got her one of the essentials kits.

We took it to the range tonight and put 90 rounds through it. I realized that she could easily waste a zombie at 7 yards. When we got back home I helped her field strip it and clean it.

Not sure if she'll decide to start carrying or not, but now she enjoys shooting, and that's what matters!

One possible downside (a very positive one though) is that now it'll increase ammo costs, so I guess I'm glad I decided against getting myself a gun as well and I'm going to get a basic reload setup (been saying it for a while, but now the money is for sure there).
The only way to beat the increase in ammo cost is to..........

buy in bulk.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That's great to hear! Now its up to you to make sure she knows everything she needs to, and is practiced everything to the point where she will effectively be armed. Congrats! :D :righton:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Woohoo. Great gun. I'm glad she likes it. Keep her practicing with it and I hope she enjoys shooting with you.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Reloading 9mm might not be worth it, especially with the price of winchester white box 9mm from wal-mart, or just buying in bulk. Just a suggestion, but try looking up everything you'll need (midwayusa.com is a good resource), and making an excel spreadsheet. You'll be able to compare your cost per round with other brands. And remember, your time is worth something as well.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quest50 said:
Reloading 9mm might not be worth it, especially with the price of winchester white box 9mm from wal-mart, or just buying in bulk. Just a suggestion, but try looking up everything you'll need (midwayusa.com is a good resource), and making an excel spreadsheet. You'll be able to compare your cost per round with other brands. And remember, your time is worth something as well.
I'd also be reloading .38 special and .357 magnum rounds as well. I've already looked at the hardware and am set to get it all. A friend of mine has a relative that reloads and I was going to look at his setup before I buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts