My week in Kommiefornia

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gungeek, Oct 31, 2016.

1. gungeek

gungeek Member

Was going to post this in "Places Off Limits" but it's really more of a rant. And Kommiefornia - duh.

I had to head to CA on short notice last week for a bit of a family emergency. No time to check handgunlaw.us, but being that it is CA I knew it was heavily restricted and my GWCL is no good. As a result, I left my gun at home. Needless to say I felt naked while there, having to rely only upon police should the need arise.

I was walking around in Wranglers and boots, which was fairly common when I lived there, and it seemed people were looking at me strangely. One day I was wearing a Ruger t-shirt walking through a Home Depot. One guy walked by, looked at my shirt, and then studied me as if I was some sort of threat.

Also saw a lot of political ads - CA has something like 60 ballot propositions this year, most outlandishly left wing. One ad talked about a rep who supported the NRA and more conservative views. The ad ended with, "She's not with us, she's with them."

Beautiful state, but I could never live there again.

2. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I wonder how long that state can continue this way, especially with as many people like you streaming out of there to gun friendly states like Georgia.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Had a great trip there a few months ago, but came away with precisely the same feelings. Always love the Pacific Coast Highway drive, the only way to improve it would be do have none of the people around......but I am thankful that they live THERE and not here.

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

No earthquakes permitted but just gotta think that if there is ever a bad one, let it be there. Maybe everything west of the Rockies will fall into the sea.

Nemo

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

My sister lives in Pacific Grove (near Monterey). Love to visit, beautiful place, couldn't live there.

6. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

That's not the problem. The problem is the Kommifornia polluting other states when their residents relocate.

7. Feral

Feral Active Member

This 100%

8. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

I am in Orange County, CA as I write this. I have been traveling and working here intermittently for the last few months. It really sucks being legally disarmed here. I don't trust airport workers not to turn me in as I check my gun in my baggage, so I don't even have a gun in my vehicle or hotel room. I quit flying into and out of LAX since I didn't feel comfortable driving through the "hood" to get to the rental car place. I do recommend John Wayne airport if you have to come here, it is a well-run and pleasant facility.

9. btseagle98

btseagle98 Member

I feel your pain. Was in NJ and NY all week, including walking around The Bronx. Really felt helpless with a gun in the car or on my waist.

10. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Hmm, wonder if a long term storage locker business just out side of the airport would be feasible?

11. Squid

Squid Gun pecan

Yeah, I grew up in Colorado and the place has changed drastically in the last 30 years. Especially Boulder.

12. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Ugh, we are heading to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. What a beautiful place, but I hate their gun laws.