Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

My two-wheeled brethren

2K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Quest50 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about this for a little while and thought I'd through this out there. I'd like to do a little meet and greet/ride/BBQ run sometime. I thought we could all decide the when and where on here. Oh yeah..... this is open to anyone on the forums. Not just the bikes. :righton:

#9 ·
I was thinking maybe May 14th or 15th. Unfortunately, I work retail and only know my schedule 2 weeks at a time. If we can decide on something that works for everybody, I can make sure I get the time off.

#11 ·
Lomcevak Duck said:
What part of the state are we talking about?
Most likely, northern part of the state. I'm in Cobb County. I'm not much of an event organizer, so I'm open to suggestions. I dunno, maybe ride up to Amicalola, Dahlonega, Blue Ridge?

#17 ·
Big Mita said:
hey Lost

if you just need a Short ride around cobb and surrounding areas let me know.

Big daddy. Let me put a thousand miles or so on the new ride and we'll figure out a fall ride
:righton: works for me !

Or,,, we could just ride to Sturgis. 1,500 miles each way plus about 1,000 while you are there.
Made the trip a few times, lot's of fun.

Plus as they say, :ttiwwp: Let's see the new ride.

#19 ·
picked it up 2 weeks ago and have clocked put just at 1000 miles so far and i love it

2004 Kawi Vulcan 2000 thats right 125ci

it's like riding a VW!

photo is from the day i picked it up let me finish "mita-fying" it

I'm going to have to join rmodel65 on the darkside the afford sturgis. That bike with my weight i have been told to expect about 4500-5500 per rear tire.

thats what happens when you put 140 ft-pnds to the ground

#21 ·
rmodel65 said:
i want to ride to sturgis
Well, let's get a group together and make the trip.

3-day out
3 or 4 days there
3-days back

I have made the run with large groups, small groups and solo.
It is a hard trip to do solo and big groups are cool but just too much of a pain.
A group of 5 or 6 is by far the best and funnest.

You better have good tires and proven rain gear to make this run. On one trip out, one the guys (that most likely had never ridden more than 50 miles in one sitting before leaving) was very under prepared. His Walmart rain gear lasted about five miles when we hit the Kansas rain storms. I think he was still wet when we got to Sturgis. :screwy:

#23 ·
Big Mita said:
picked it up 2 weeks ago and have clocked put just at 1000 miles so far and i love it

2004 Kawi Vulcan 2000 thats right 125ci
:lol: :lol: Why did you get the little engine ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You could of got a Boss Hoss with a 427 ci motor ? :shock: :shock:

Hey, just kidding, I love it.
Now you need some tunes for the ride.
I got a great Blue Tooth set up for my helmet, links my IPhone with the Sat Radio app for wireless, handsfree sound and control.

#25 ·
rmodel65 said:
the longest ride ive been on is to Orlando(about 4 hours) on my Hayabusa...that was tiring to say the least but would be nothing on the vtx...the sturgis ride is 1844 miles for me. i dont have any type of rain gear...
Good rain gear is worth a lot on a road trip. Sitting out a rain storm only works once or twice. Riding in the rain will happen sooner or later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.