Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I've never been fond of their reticles. Just too small for my eyes I guess.

Is it sitting on a DD MK18 SBR? How do you like it? I recently bought a Colt MK18 upper receiver group from Specialized Armament. It's a "pistol" for now (on a Rock River virgin lower) until I Form 1 it.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Is it sitting on a DD MK18 SBR? How do you like it? I recently bought a Colt MK18 upper receiver group from Specialized Armament. It's a "pistol" for now (on a Rock River virgin lower) until I Form 1 it.
Yes it's a dd I've had no problems with any ammo
I have a specs are suppesor for it

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Here's mine. With a rarely seen black MK18 rail. Using Knights micro sights for now but contemplating running an EOTech at some point. What are you using for ammo? I've been buying IMI MK262 77gr for social activities.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
federal xm 193 ball 55 grain for fun

have this for non fun

Federal 556 Steel XM855 62 gr Green Tip

beautiful rifle

·
Registered
9,360 Posts

they have a lot more reticles to choose from now than they used to have (with or without holdovers). i don't know when the last time you checked them out was, but might be worth a revisit.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they have a lot more reticles to choose from now than they used to have (with or without holdovers). i don't know when the last time you checked them out was, but might be worth a revisit.
right on the nose +10000

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
OK, now you've piqued my curiosity!

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
my eyesight sucks but with this optic i can see clearly and enjoy it
they're made to shoot with both eyes open, even with magnification. pretty useful imo.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Well, after a bunch of investigating I broke down and got a Trijicon too. Not an ACOG though. Just couldn't rationalize spending that kind of money when I know my end goal is having two MK18 SBRs with optics. I purchased their MRO red dot sight. I ended up with a really nice deal of $464 for the sight and an ADM full co-witness QD mount. Total weight of 6.4 oz which is great because I want to keep this set-up light. And it's ugly just like the ACOG! Now I need to go run it along with the new Hornady 75gr TAP SBR ammo I bought.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, after a bunch of investigating I broke down and got a Trijicon too. Not an ACOG though. Just couldn't rationalize spending that kind of money when I know my end goal is having two MK18 SBRs with optics. I purchased their MRO red dot sight. I ended up with a really nice deal of $464 for the sight and an ADM full co-witness QD mount. Total weight of 6.4 oz which is great because I want to keep this set-up light. And it's ugly just like the ACOG! Now I need to go run it along with the new Hornady 75gr TAP SBR ammo I bought.

I agree I'm keeping the acog till I die

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
I agree I'm keeping the acog till I die
i dare to say it's built to last that long. i found the infantry guys preferred them over everything else, and they can figure out a way to break anything.

also, congrats moe.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
On my death it goes back to owner
Like you and the military, I could afford more expensive sh*t too if someone else was paying for it! :lol:

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I also discovered the MRO might work quite nicely on my Beretta 1301 Tactical. It would need the low mount because it's way too high with the existing mount.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts