Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up not long after getting back from my last deployment:

G30SF, XDm 45 and S&W1911ES.

I've got just over 200 rounds a piece through the G30SF and the S&W and they've both been 100% so far. :D I've got the XDm 45 all ready to go for it's first trip to the range sometime in the next week or so.

The G30SF has a Fulcrum trigger kit and TFO night sights installed. The S&W got a new set of Meps and I'm still waiting on an ambi safety to come in that I ordered for it. I don't plan on messing with the XDm since it's already got factory night sights and is good to go as far as I'm concerned. 8)

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
More detail about the S&W 1911ES. Is that their version of the CCO? I have heard and read nothing but good things about the S&W 1911s.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tmoore912 said:
More detail about the S&W 1911ES. Is that their version of the CCO? I have heard and read nothing but good things about the S&W 1911s.
I couldn't honestly tell you. Seems to be of the same basic configuration as the CCO, ( from what I remember )

I just fell in love with the looks of it, initially. However, the more and more I looked into the S&W, I made the decision to go for it. My usual CC is a Kimber CDP Pro II. What I'll probably do during the really hot days here is carry the Smith with it's slightly shorter grip/frame and carry the Kimber when it's a little cooler and I can wear a little more extensive concealment garment.

I like the lighter weight of the Smith's scandium frame. I had no problems at all during the last 200 plus rounds I fired through it of GA Arms FMJs and some Horday TAPs. I'm using Kimber Tac Pro seven round mags. I'm very pleased with this pistol! :D

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
What does the fulcrum trigger do for ya? I've got a 3.5# connector in my 30sf... would it change the feel of the trigger in any way when added to the new connector?

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MesaCranker said:
What does the fulcrum trigger do for ya? I've got a 3.5# connector in my 30sf... would it change the feel of the trigger in any way when added to the new connector?
It has a more solid feel to me. Kinda hard to explain, but the stock trigger feels spongy. I don't really care for the plastic. The Fulcrum is aluminum and has a crisper feel. Its already a fairly light trigger and can be further adjusted to lighten the pull even more, supposedly down to around 2 - 2 1/2lbs. I'd probably just stick with the connector already in the Fulcrum unit.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
All in .45. I like your style. :love:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
HOW DARE YOU !!!

put that glock next to the others !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Gorgeous 1911. :love:

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
It was a pleasure to meet you today at Patrick's Shooting Range. And it was a real please to be able to put some rounds through that S&W 1911ES! Very light and very accurate. :D

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tech5 said:
HOW DARE YOU !!!

put that glock next to the others !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was kinda going for the whole Southern theme on that pic.. figured, 'Hey.. Glocks and 1911s.. it's a Southern Thing!' :lol:

Thanks guys! :D I'm pretty much a dedicated .45 guy. 8)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tmoore912 said:
It was a pleasure to meet you today at Patrick's Shooting Range. And it was a real please to be able to put some rounds through that S&W 1911ES! Very light and very accurate. :D
It was great meetin' you too. 8) Your new bob tail is one bad :cantsay: shooter! :righton:

Seems like every time I go to Patrick's, I have a great time. Matt and the crew really have that place rockin'! :righton:

I can't wait for the action shoot at the end this week! :uzi:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ARMT Guy said:
tmoore912 said:
It was great meetin' you too. 8) Your new bob tail is one bad axx shooter! :righton:

Seems like every time I go to Patrick's, I have a great time. Matt and the crew really have that place rockin'! :righton:

fixed it for ya so you don't get into trouble as curse words not allowed instant ban...

But indeed all 3 are nice but HOW DARE YOU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tech5 said:
ARMT Guy said:
tmoore912 said:
It was great meetin' you too. 8) Your new bob tail is one bad axx shooter! :righton:

fixed it for ya so you don't get into trouble as curse words not allowed instant ban...

Ahh! :shock: #-o

Err, uhh.. I meant that it had the tough, stubborn resilence of a donkey.. yeah! Yeah, that's it! :shattered: :lol:

Good catch there! I guess I got all carried away, but talkin' about shooting some sweet 1911's.. you sometimes just can't help yourself. :shattered:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ARMT Guy said:
Tech5 said:
[quote="ARMT Guy":2l39hrbw]
tmoore912 said:

Ahh! :shock: #-o

Err, uhh.. I meant that it had the tough, stubborn resilence of a donkey.. yeah! Yeah, that's it! :shattered: :lol:

Good catch there! I guess I got all carried away, but talkin' about shooting some sweet 1911's.. you sometimes just can't help yourself. :shattered:[/quote:2l39hrbw]

I know and I like saying Axx myself lol as I like Axx (big ones) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Very nice lineup.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pml said:
Very nice lineup.
Thank you! :D

The XDm 45 will replace my XD45 Service in the HD role. The S&W 1911ES will alternate with my Kimber Pro CDP II as my daily CC pistol. The G30SF will alternate with my G36 for when I want to have some more firepower on hand.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
D3R3K said:
That is some serious firepower! Welcome home and congrats on the new heavies!
Thank you! :D

When I first started CC'in back in the mid '90s, I started off with 9mm then transistioned to .40. This was my carry caliber for several years until I was stationed in northern NY. :help: :shakehead: With the combination of the AWB and NY's state version of it, ( that didn't expire :evil: ) I switched over from .40 to .45 and have been carrying it as my primary caliber every since. 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts