Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i havent really talked about my other hobby on this forum, but i figured what the heck. i am a long time car audio enthusiast. by enthusiast, i dont mean im the idiot kid riding around all night shaking your windows. i build high end competition car audio systems. i have been sponsored by kicker and maxxsonics. i have won over 60 first place, 2 national championships, and 4th in the world, all in 3 years.

these are some pics of one of my older builds. this was my 18" solo-x d-1ohm, on 2 kicker kx2500.1, and 2 optimas. highest score on this system was a 153db on termlab spl meter at the dash at 30hz. this was a truly sick build. i would do just about anything to have this install back. enjoy!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now on to the videos.

playing some phil collins

playing flashdance. yeah, 80s.

playing lil john

low notes

more low notes

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
153db is LOUD. The best I did was 142.6, but that was years ago at a db drag race.
I love to be loud and belligerent :lol:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
martin_j001 said:
Very nice! I miss the days of having a well spec'd system in my car... :(
ive been 2 years without anything in my car, and im finally working on another build. i really enjoy the science in it. engineering the enclosures, planning out the electrical system, deadening the car, just everything.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
So.... You ensure that young men and women will require hearing aides before age 35? Do you charge in advance, or just for the equipment installed? :wink:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Match10 said:
So.... You ensure that young men and women will require hearing aides before age 35?
no, i just help keep the glass companies in business. :righton:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I've always been impressed at how much room is actually in the back of my PT. I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I've only hauled music equipment in the back of mine. But, with the back seats out, I can carry 2 4x12 cabinets, 2 amp heads, 5 guitars, and a crate full of chords and effects pedals/ processors. Although, we've scaled back a little and use 2 2x10 combo amps and a 1x10 combo for the acoustic.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lostprofit said:
I've always been impressed at how much room is actually in the back of my PT. I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I've only hauled music equipment in the back of mine. But, with the back seats out, I can carry 2 4x12 cabinets, 2 amp heads, 5 guitars, and a crate full of chords and effects pedals/ processors. Although, we've scaled back a little and use 2 2x10 combo amps and a 1x10 combo for the acoustic.
it does have alot of room. i can easily fit my 4x12 cabs, amp head, guitars, pedal boards and everything in there with room to spare.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Damn shame you cannot fit a Servodrive sub in there. They are the most awesome thing I have ever heard and my all time favorite sub in a full size PA. :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Puffyfish said:
Damn shame you cannot fit a Servodrive sub in there. They are the most awesome thing I have ever heard and my all time favorite sub in a full size PA. :righton:
thats a big hell no on the servo sub. :righton:

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,498 Posts
Now I know who's been driving by my house at 3 am... :lol:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
270sniper said:
lostprofit said:
it does have alot of room. i can easily fit my 4x12 cabs, amp head, guitars, pedal boards and everything in there with room to spare.
More importantly, you can put 3 full-sized retired racing greyhounds in the back of a PT Cruiser (as long as they're the kind who will ride peacefully and not pace all over). :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts