My other Hobby.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by 1str8shot, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

so, i havent really talked about my other hobby on this forum, but i figured what the heck. i am a long time car audio enthusiast. by enthusiast, i dont mean im the idiot kid riding around all night shaking your windows. i build high end competition car audio systems. i have been sponsored by kicker and maxxsonics. i have won over 60 first place, 2 national championships, and 4th in the world, all in 3 years.

these are some pics of one of my older builds. this was my 18" solo-x d-1ohm, on 2 kicker kx2500.1, and 2 optimas. highest score on this system was a 153db on termlab spl meter at the dash at 30hz. this was a truly sick build. i would do just about anything to have this install back. enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

now on to the videos.

playing some phil collins
    [​IMG]

playing flashdance. yeah, 80s.
    [​IMG]

playing lil john
    [​IMG]

low notes
    [​IMG]

more low notes
    [​IMG]

3. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

153db is LOUD. The best I did was 142.6, but that was years ago at a db drag race.
    I love to be loud and belligerent :lol:

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Wow!

SPL was never my thing, but that's impressive.

5. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Very nice! I miss the days of having a well spec'd system in my car... :(

6. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

ive been 2 years without anything in my car, and im finally working on another build. i really enjoy the science in it. engineering the enclosures, planning out the electrical system, deadening the car, just everything.

7. Match10

Match10 Active Member

So.... You ensure that young men and women will require hearing aides before age 35? Do you charge in advance, or just for the equipment installed? :wink:

8. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

no, i just help keep the glass companies in business. :righton:

9. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

I've always been impressed at how much room is actually in the back of my PT. I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I've only hauled music equipment in the back of mine. But, with the back seats out, I can carry 2 4x12 cabinets, 2 amp heads, 5 guitars, and a crate full of chords and effects pedals/ processors. Although, we've scaled back a little and use 2 2x10 combo amps and a 1x10 combo for the acoustic.

10. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

it does have alot of room. i can easily fit my 4x12 cabs, amp head, guitars, pedal boards and everything in there with room to spare.

11. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Damn shame you cannot fit a Servodrive sub in there. They are the most awesome thing I have ever heard and my all time favorite sub in a full size PA. :righton:

12. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

thats a big hell no on the servo sub. :righton:

13. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Now I know who's been driving by my house at 3 am... :lol:

14. fiwit

fiwit New Member

More importantly, you can put 3 full-sized retired racing greyhounds in the back of a PT Cruiser (as long as they're the kind who will ride peacefully and not pace all over). :mrgreen: