My new TLR-1s & a few pics

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by JeffSmith2208, Nov 15, 2010.

1. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

I've been wanting to get one of these Streamlight's (with the strobe) for a while now and finally picked one up. It's 160 lumens bright, and the strobe feature is pretty sweet! Anyhow, here are a few pictures I thought I would share...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. samman23

samman23 New Member

That is a really nice light. Where did you find one?

btw, super nice sig. I have seen the blackwater on the website but never knew anyone to own one.

3. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Thanks, I just bought that gun last week and I'm kicking myself for not shooting it yet.

I bought the light at Shooters of Columbus. There are a few other places in town to get "tactical" accessories but they are mostly pawn shops and don't have near the selection (and don't stay open as late).

4. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

So does it have a 3rd position on the switch for strobing? When would you use that feature?

5. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

The strobe feature worked pretty good in "Kick-Ass".

6. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

To use the strobe feature you quickly "double tap" and hold the lever for momentary, or to leave it on (for hands free) you do the same, only you flip it over quickly to the "constant" position.

The strobe feature is used to disorient the person on the other end, and it also ruins their ability to percive depth. In other words, they can't tell how far you are from them with any certainty.

7. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Yep.

If you haven't experienced being on the other end of a good quality strobe light before, you should. The effects are quite obvious once you do. My 4Sevens Quark 123^2 is my first light with a strobe feature, and even in broad daylight at close ranges, it can be disorienting.

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Just be careful not to activate the strobe when trying to track a moving target (i.e. the "disco strobe effect"). Takes a practice and a little getting used to how the switch works, as it is somewhat easy to inadvertently activate with a double tap of the finger. Having the strobe come on when you expect a steady light can disorient your aim. I have the TLR-1s and have already been through that during night fire drills at the department range. Great weapon light though, rugged reliable and highly recommended :righton: OpticsPlanet had them on sale this past Labor Day for $97 shipped.

9. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I have the TLR-2s and I love mine as well. It almost always stays on the bed-side hand cannon.

Again, that sig is beautiful!